Objective: Currently a graduated journalism student searching for a position related to my journalistic experience in journalism or public relations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA
Relevant courses included News Reporting, Online Journalism, Writing for the Print Media, Layout and Design and Basic Journalism Skills
• Energetic and practical spring graduate with an academic background in journalism and my three years of experience as a reporter and editor for my college newspaper.
• Gained experience in reporting news and feature stories through my experience as a staff writer, senior staff writer, research editor and news editor.
• Trained to be focused during demanding work environments, including deadline and pressure conditions. Meet challenges head-on and always find a way to effectively complete multiple assignments or tasks.
• Senior Staff Writer, The Penn. Indiana, PA 15705. August-November 2010
- Was the chief reporter for the paper. Wrote most of the cover stories for the paper and provided assistance to the editors in any task they needed help in completing.
• News Editor, The Penn. Indiana, PA 15705. January-May 2010
- Was in charge of the news section of the newspaper. Searched and assigned possible news stories to the contributing and staff writers and wrote any news stories not assigned at writer’s meetings. Adobe InDesign was a requirement for the position with the news editor being in charge of the news section layouts.
• Research Editor, The Penn. Indiana, PA 15705. May-December 2009
- Worked on fact checking all material written for the newspaper to make sure it was accurate. Additionally was responsible for writing police briefs and news stories.
• Staff Writer, The Penn. Indiana, PA 15705. January 2007-May 2009
- Wrote assigned stories for the news section of the newspaper.