AT A GLANCE
• Executive Creative Director, Strategist, Art Director, Designer and Business Developer
• 23 years leading top teams at 4 major agencies in Dallas and North Carolina
• Generated $100M in new business throughout career
• Mainly focused on brand development, retail, promotional marketing and digital interaction
• Helped grow Launch Point, a division of Tracy Locke from concept into a stand-alone agency with $5.6 million
in revenue in just three years
• Launched a start up agency that did $1.2 million in business in the first year
• Mentored many creatives to grow into award-winning creative directors at some of the best agencies in the country
APPROACH TO GETTING THINGS DONE
I believe in leading by example–like a brilliant coach who earns the respect of superstar athletes with great strategies based on of the way they played the game themselves. My goal is to inspire people to passionate performances day
in and day out regardless of title or department. By harnessing individual potentials to work as a winning team, both
our agency and clients win.
Influential communicator experienced in building strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
Trusted, approachable leader known for level-headedness and calm demeanor, combined with deep exposure in solving complex business problems with creatively simple solutions.
Strategic, Conceptual, Award-Winning Writing & Design Skills
Marketing to Women
New Brand Development & Launch
Brand Building & Management
Ideation & Concept Development
Communication / Creative Strategy
Integrated Campaign Development
Competitive Product Positioning
Interactive Strategy, Creative Development
Broadcast Creative and Production
Cross Functional Collaboration
Team Building & Leadership
Organizational & Cultural Transformation
2006 - 2011 PowerPact Holdings, LLC, NYC & Richmond, VA
Principal, Group Creative Director, Innovations
• Instrumental in growing creative team from a 4 to 24-member team within first twelve months
• Creative lead and lead presenter for new business wins totaling 56+M within 4.5 years, General Mills, P&G Multicultural,
SONY, LG Electronics, Susan G. Komen for the Cure “I AM THE CURE”
• Specialist in Multicultural Marketing
• Instrumental in Susan G Komen Race for the Cure efforts, raising over 40MM.
• Creative and account lead in the cobranded Susan G Komen/Yoplait Save Lives to Save Lids Campaign, raising over
• Creative and account lead for Susan G Komen’s Multicultural Campaign with Adamari Lopez
• Created “I AM THE CURE”, an educational program for Susan G Komen, targeting women of all ages
• P&G’s Multicultural Lead creative – PowerPact was agency of record for 6 years. Produced programs targeted to Hispanic and African American women in partnership with CVS , Walgreens, Family Dollar, Walmart, Dollar General and others.
• Supervised internal/external graphic designers, provide integrated art direction for projects across all media
• Managed creative and cross-functional teams remotely across all three companies to execute a wide range of multi-
discipline campaigns, including but not limited to: Digital, print, broadcast, emerging media, social network marketing,
cause marketing, promotions, shopper marketing, retail, and direct.
2005 - 2006 Creative Juice, Dallas, TX
Executive Creative Director, Founder
• Grew start-up agency from the ground up to 1.2M revenue and seven employees within 12 months.
• Concentration on digital marketing and user-centered design.
2000 - 2005 The Launch Point, Dallas, TX
Executive Creative Director, Digital Marketing Specialist
• Focus on CPG brand development and insight-driven women’s marketing
• Co-led the start-up of the new business from concept to a fully functioning agency with 33+ staff.
• Instrumental in growing revenue from ground-up to 5.6M during first 3 years with innovative management concepts.
• Led staffing, work-flow process development, budgeting, and building client relationships - while exceeding client
expectations of the creative product and consistently exceeding financial projections with an 31% profit margin on
• Led creative and account teams to successfully concept, implement and launch new products and brands for Pepsi,
Frito-Lay, Brown-Forman, Hasbro, 7-Eleven, Nokia, Beringer Wine Estates, Pizza Hut and others.
1996 - 2000 Tracy Locke Partnership/DDB Needham Worldwide, Dallas TX
Group Creative Director, New Business and Innovations
• Directed creative and cross-functional teams to win new business for the agency, including Dell Computers, JCPenney,
Harrah’s Casinos, 7-Eleven, Nokia, ATT Wireless, Brown-Forman, Bombardier Flexjet, Pizza Hut, Anheuser-Busch, and
Group Creative Director, PepsiCo
• Co-led 30+ creative team on the Pepsi Retail and Field Group and developed advertising, POS and in-store
merchandising materials for all Pepsi brands
• Focus on CPG
• Conceived, designed and executed advertising campaigns, sales visuals and videos, broadcast, packaging and direct
mail programs within existing brand strategies to ensure consistency of message, communication and lead market
position for Pepsi.
• Led new business pitches outside of Pepsi for the agency.
Additional roles included Senior Art Director at Ogilvy & Mather, Art Director at McKinney+, Art Director at Charles Fricke & Associates, Raleigh, NC, and Art Director at Empire Brush. Details provided upon request.
Adobe CS5 (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Design), QuarkXpress, Keynote,
MS Office (including PowerPoint), Visio, MS Project
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Over 40+ awards including Communication Arts, Telly Awards, New York Festivals, Art Directors Club, Reggie Awards, Addy Awards, POPAI Awards, Design of the Times, Communication Arts.
Advisor on the Professional Advisory Board for The Art Institute of Dallas, Member Dallas Society of Visual Communications, Ongoing Judge for The Art Institute of Dallas, and published in Print’s Regional Design Annual.
East Carolina University
School of Visual Art, BFA Communication Arts / Advertising Design, Magna *** Laude
Fearless creative, animal advocate, dedicated Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure event management volunteer across the nation, hiking, fine art, avid photographer, pro-bono project enthusiast and Krispy Kreme lover.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Formula 7 Energy Drink
Beringer Wine Estates
Foster Blass Brewery
NOKIA Latin America
SBC (Southwestern Bell
Procter and Gamble
Land O’ Lakes
First Citizens Bank
Pizza Hut USA
Pizza Hut International
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Luxury (Automobile, Travel & Tourism):
Bahamas Ministry of Tourism
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
Norwegian Cruise Lines
Susan G. Komen Foundation
Center for Missing &
National Leukemia &
Society for the Prevention of
Cruelty to Animals
Carolina Power & Light
Duke Power & Light
Empress Hair Care
Duke University Hospital
Weck Surgical Instruments
Michael Arts & Crafts
Gift Card Mall
Michael Arts & Crafts