Lydia L Galeno
New York City, NY 10022 Cell: (917)548-2417
Freelance editor since the age of 18,
Works between the passion for editing and the love for dance and directing. Natural instinct for cutting music and video.
As Co-founder and Director of the R.A.C.E. Dance Company in Italy (With Artistic Director Alessandra Rimonti) has created/worked on 4 successful shows in the last 4 years, all conceptualized, executed and edited.
Very creative, love to learn and a natural last minute problem solver.
• Comprehensive knowledge of video editing for movie, television and commercial film set
• Familiar with production sets with extensive knowledge of Apple computers and Final Cut Pro
• Knowledge of digital technology, cameras, film projectors, and digital editing systems
• Extensive knowledge of time coding, number coding with good database management skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of the methods and techniques of editing process
• Effective communicator with outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Multitasking skills and has the ability to meet deadlines
• Creative Problem Solving
• Domestic and International Experience
• Quick learner
• Team player and natural leader
• Strong Verbal communication
Skills Experience Total Years
Final Cut Pro, Compressor, Dvd Studio Pro Advanced 4
Microsoft Office Advanced 15
Soundtrack Pro, Livetype, Color Medium 2
RedCineX, Red Allert, Red Rushes (red workflow) Advanced 2
Director/Editor November 2010
New york, NY
Directed and edited artist Brett Pemberton Music video on single "Don't wake me up"
LGP/Galea Pictures April 2011 to September 2011
Co-Writer, Director, Co-Producer and Editor of the short film "NOW" starring international choreographers and top of the line dancers.
R.A.C.E. June 2007 to July 2011
Director /Editor of the R.A.C.E Dance Company (Italy)
Calm & Sense Creations March 2011 to June 2011
New York, NY
Edited the dance short film "Untitled" directed by International Choreographer Wes Veldink
LabArt January 2005 to February 2007
Assistant Director/ Assistant Choreographer
Naples , Italy
-Choreography reconstruction -Choreographic support
- Stage Manager
- Camera Operator and assistant editor for Company Promos
New York Film Academy 2011
New York City, NY
Suor Orsola Benincasa 2008
110 *** laude/ 110 (Grad School)
The 120 pg thesis " The TRAILER as an instrument to promote film" was published for College use.
Winner of the American International Film Festival 2011
2nd Place Jersey Shore Film Festival 2011 (Best Music Video) Official Selection Toronto Indipendent Film Festival 2011
Official Selection Dancing with films International Film Festival 2011
Official Selection NYLA (New York/Los Angeles) International FF 2011
Official Selection AOF International FF 2011
Cosmopolitan traveler with the ability to build strong relationships. HipHop Choreographer and dancer for over 9 years.
Strong passion for movie trailers as a form of art.
Dual citizenship and double passport: Italian/American
Hobbies: Choreography, Filming, Photography, Musicals, Swimming, Traveling, Light Designing
Other Personal Info
Date of Birth: July 24th 1984
Marital Status: Single
Health Status: No health issues