Objective A rewarding position working to improve the lives of others through effective programming and support services.
Education MBA – Non-Profit Leadership 2003
Alvernia University, Reading, PA
Bachelor of Arts – Addiction Studies 2000
Alvernia University, Reading, PA
Experience Olivet Boys and Girls Club 2010-Present
of Reading and Berks County
Teen Programming/Curriculum Specialist
Berks PRIDE Director
• Provide therapeutic intervention services to adolescents on juvenile probation.
• Assist youth in personal expression through art therapy techniques.
• Individual counseling of students regarding substance abuse and behavioral issues.
• Implementation of evidence-based prevention curricula to ages 6-18.
• Facilitate dynamic groups of 5-50 adolescents in mentoring, education, skill-building, high yield learning activities, and drama
Keystone Senior Management 2010-Present
• Provide direct support to all aspects of operations of two campus facilities and regional operations office.
• Responsible for securing DPW licensing and documentation for new facility openings and inspections.
• Analyze medication administration and emergency response to residents by care givers.
• Sales and marketing tours and prospecting of new residents and families.
Junior Achievement of Greater 2010-2011
Reading and Lehigh Valley
Development Grant Writer
• Identified sources of monetary and product support at the local, regional and national level.
• Responsible for business development, establishment of professional relationships, and community outreach for three county area in southeastern PA.
• Taught JA curricula in elementary, middle, and high school classrooms.
• Planning committee for Keystone National Golf Tournament, Tiki Bowl, and Awards Dinner.
• Staff chair of Awards Dinner Committee.
• Raised over $200,000 in revenue from previously untapped sources during fiscal year.
Council on Chemical Abuse 1999-2010
Prevention Program Supervisor/Educator
• Coordinated and provided community and school-based substance abuse and violence prevention counseling to adolescents, teenagers, and adults.
• Educated youth and adults in a variety of evidence-based prevention and intervention curricula including Creating Lasting Family Connections, PRIDE, Too Good For Drugs, Project Toward No Drug Abuse, Project Alert, Keepin’ It Real, Lifeskills, and All Stars.
• Supervised prevention staff and coordinated all school and community-based educational services.
• Write grants, conduct data analysis, complete program planning and outcomes evaluation.
• Respond to crisis calls.
• Graphic and web designer for all publications, both digital and print.
• Designer of Recovery and Me website and social media sites. Ongoing outreach and education in the recovery community.
Honors and Awards Caron Foundation – Unsung Hero Award
PRIDE Youth Programs – International Program of the Year
PRIDE Youth Programs – Innovative Program Award
Alpha Epsilon Lambda Graduate Honor Society – President
Addiction Studies Society
Alpha Sigma Lambda Honors Society
Community Service Berks Women in Crisis – Camp Peace Works Facilitator
St. Mark’s Lutheran Church – Webmaster
Girl Scouts of America – Troop Leader
Girls Scouts of Eastern PA – Service Unit Team Member
PA Recovery Organizations Alliance (PRO-A) – Volunteer
Daniel Boone Area School District PTC - Volunteer
Professional Service Kutztown University Presidents Roundtable on Alcohol and Other Drugs – Committee Member
PRIDE International Youth Programs - Advisory Council Member
Commonwealth Prevention Alliance - Member
Reading Communities That Care – Board Member
Berks County Prevention Coalition – Board Member
Berks County Youth Coalition – Advisory Council Member
Coalition for a Tobacco Free Berks – Committee Member
References Available Upon Request