CREATIVE DIRECTOR FOR MERCURY ISLAND DEF JAM RECORDS
CREATIVE BRANDING | ART & DESIGN | WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA IMAGING
Executive Creative Director and Brand Development expert with 15 years’ experience and a proven record of achievement conceptualizing and developing globally recognized brand, advertising, and design. Collaborative, innovative, and solutions-oriented partner who works to create and implement differentiated, market relevant campaigns that span all media channels to increase brand awareness, and deliver significant and sustained business growth for a range of high-profile clients.
Highly creative, detailed-oriented conceptual thinker experienced at working in dynamic environments, displaying excellence in imagery, strategic special packaging, and marketing. Leverages strategic planning capabilities and thought leadership to envision new ideas; builds collaborative relationships with people at all organizational levels to create and launch artistic products.
Island Def Jam Mercury Music Group, New York, NY 2007-2011
Senior Vice President Creative Director (2009-2011)
Served as a cooperative and trusted resource to conceptualize and deliver lasting brand images for artists and products. Designed, art directed, and creatively led projects, leveraging traditional and social media to promote international and domestic projects. Worked with musicians, photographers, illustrators, and designers to produce iconic campaigns with lasting value. As the artistic leader, established the vision and direction for global team leaders. Evaluated the changing marketplace to sell products in various off- and online media channels. Inspired a staff of 25 full-time and freelance employees, and managed a quarterly budget of $20M.
Brand Development & Management: Created non-traditional solutions for the company’s brand and associated artistry of labels, including special packaging opportunities for artists such as Bon Jovi, Jay-Z, Mariah Carey, Kanye West, Rihanna, and Justin Bieber.
• Conceptualized and produced strategic specially designed packaging and merchandise to engage customers at the point of sale (POS), increasing Universal’s packaging sales bottom line by 25%.
• Branded Island’s 50th anniversary and Def Jam’s 25-year anniversary in a robust imaging campaign comprised of a history of the company’s music and leading performers – campaign was successfully presented at the Sundance Film Festival and produced lasting relationships which lead to numerous film and TV opportunities. Including the Justin Bieber movie which grossed $65M.
• Worked with sales teams, production, and marketing to determine budgets, timelines, and execution quantities. Led strategy sessions with the creative team regarding design and creative output.
Social Media Marketing: In collaboration with the social media department, web, and interactive staff, determined imaging and creative plans to increase visibility and response via Facebook, Twitter and all other emerging platforms. Devised and promoted a consistent brand image aligned with growing trends.
• Developed and launched a cost sensitive campaign, reducing market entry expense to promote Justin Bieber to fans on a global scale via traditional, social media, and non-traditional marketing channels. Conducted photoshoots in alignment with all video shoots, eliminating all additional travel, crew and clothing costs; reduced spend from $150K to $30K on each imaging campaign.
• Partnered with Bravado, Universal’s merchandising company to provide new and updated images of Justin Bieber throughout the various stages of his career. Leveraging images from partnered photo shoots for the album package, acoustic package, and movie, fulfilled the needs of three album cycles and a movie from one imaging session.
**Full Resume and Design Portfolio Available Upon Request**