Amy R. Hanna
Freelance Interpreting and Translation
• Consecutive interpreting Arabic into English and vice versa, at SS cases.
in the New York Area, n a court room setting, and through teleconferencing.
• Translated a film and a documentary French into English, for the Ministry
of Tourism under the supervision of director George Nasr, in Lebanon, 1996 & 2008
• Volunteer Translator at the Smithsonian institute 1991-1993.
• Translator at RDII, Byblos, Lebanon, 2006-2009
• Translated a proposal for Emirates Foundation, Dubai/USA, present
• Initiated and implemented activities (Lectures, Artisanal Exhibitions, Educational
Support) as a board member of local nonprofit organizations.
• Organized Musical and cultural Events in Akkar, Lebanon.
Environmental Work & UNDP/ESCWA; Beirut, Lebanon 1996-2003
• Consultant for the “Women and Energy” project, Akkar, Lebanon.
• Participated in workshops and conferences (environment) in Lebanon and Cairo.
Arab Media House, Vienna, VA 1993-1994
• Co-launched the Arab American Business directory.
• I managed accounts and Media relation at the El Nashra magazine.
International Computers and Communication: Reston, VA 1991-1993
Public Relations and Coordinator: Planned and coordinated international
Telecommunication Conferences and seminar: Washington DC and Paris, France.
Berlitz Language Services: Washington, DC. 1991-1993
Legal, General and Medical translation and interpretation:
Freelance Interpreter and translator in French and Arabic, at hospitals and international conferences,
in the Washington DC area.
Master of Arts: Communication - Duquesne University - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Arts: Political Science - University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
• Languages: Proficient in English, Arabic (Lebanese/Literary), and French (France). I studied up to high school in Lebanon in Arabic and French. Intermediate in Spanish
• Research: Online research: Monitor and engage in online communication such as social media and other sources of media. Analyze and summarize, translate a different on line news sources from websites on the internet in English/Arabic/French.