MICHAEL KRAMER GRAPHICS
To obtain a commission as your Freelance Graphic Artist applying my diversified skills and training in Applied Design, Illustration, Advertising, Website Development, Production Art and/or Comic Book Sequential Art.
Illustrations including pen & ink spots, computer graphics, airbrush, oils, marker renderings, pencils, colored pencils, logos, screen printing and humorous illustrations.
WINDOWS XP, NT, 98, 95, OS/2, MAC OS X, 9, 8, 7.5 & 7, UNIX, TELNET & FETCH. Macromedia Dreamweaver 3, 2, Macromedia Flash 4, 3, Macromedia Fireworks 3, 2, Macromedia Freehand 11, 8, 5, 4, 3.1, Macromedia Director 7, Adobe Photoshop CS3, 5.5, 3, Adobe PageMaker 7, 6.5, 6, 4.2, Adobe Illustrator CS2, 8, Quark-XPress, Adobe Acrobat 8, 7, 5, 4, Metacreations Poser 3, Meta-creations Ray Dream Studio 5, Net Objects Fusion, Fractal Design Painter 5, QuickTime Pro 6.5, Kai Power Tools, My TypeArtist, TypeStyler 2, FileMaker Pro, Aldus Type Twister, DeskScan 2, Punch! Super Home Suite, Digital Video Creator 100, DVD Complete 2, DVD Ripper, MovieStar 5, Dazzle Photo Editor, Lotus Notes. eShare Technologies Predictive Dialer, Risc 6000 Server, Seagate Crystal Reports, Microsoft Word 10, Microsoft Excel 10, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Publisher 10, Word Perfect, Magellan 3, ClarisWorks, Roxio Easy CD Creator 5, Screen Shot Deluxe, HotSync Manager, MediaFace II, Pella Windows 2, Andersen Windows IQ 8, 7.1, 7, 6, exPressit SE 2.1, 20/20 Kitchen Design, 20/20 Pole Barn/Garage/ Deck Design, OnCenter OnScreen Takeoff, Netscape Navigator, Internet Explorer and America Online.
9/1993 ART INSTITUTE OF PITTSBURGH, Pittsburgh, PA
Associate Degree In Specialized Technology
Course Study: Visual Communications
MAJOR: Applied Design
- Received multiple awards for Honor's List and Perfect Attendance.
- Honorable Mention in the "1992 Head Of The Ohio" logo contest.
6/1991 WARREN AREA HIGH SCHOOL, Warren, PA
High School Diploma
- Four years of Art and two years of drafting.
- 1991 "Harry Summers Memorial Scholarship" recipient.
- 1989 "Who's Who Among American High School Students" recipient.
- 1990-1991 Treasurer of the Art Club.
- First Place in Warren County Art Show for a five-page comic book layout.
- Drum Captain and Section Leader of the marching, jazz, stage and concert bands and orchestra.
9/2002 – Present MICHAEL KRAMER GRAPHICS, Warren, PA
Freelance Graphic Artist
- Freelance illustration and design.
- Develop and provide custom work electronically or through traditional techniques.
- Realistic illustration, pointillism, website design, airbrush, comic/sequential art, cartoons, murals, portraits, technical illustration, caricatures, photography, logos, brochures, letterheads, business cards, posters, DVD authoring and design, etc…
2/2000 – 3/2001 INDEPENDENT ARTISANS INCORPORATED, Pittsburgh, PA
Vice-President and Sr. Project Manager
- Co-conceptualized and implemented an online cooperative web community for independent artists and artisans.
- Duties included attending conventions and festivals to campaign new members, project planning, web development, server reporting and analysis and employee interviewing.
- Business was taking-off nicely, but the sudden drop in the economy in 2001 forced too many financial supporters to back out on any dot.com businesses.
7/1996 - 11/1997 GOLF SOLUTIONS & SERVICES, INC., Pittsburgh, PA
Freelance Computer Graphic Artist
- Maintained website, designed programs, brochures, business cards, letterheads, envelopes, event flyers, etc…
12/1995 - 3/1996 REGISTER GRAPHICS, Randolph, NY
Computer Graphic Artist
- Composition and page layout, photo retouching, color seperations from optical disks and darkroom work.
- Designed programs, brochures, yearbooks, business cards, ads, newspaper layout, etc...
10/1993 - 12/1995 INKSPOT GRAPHICS, Chandlers Valley, PA
Graphic Artist / Screen Printer
- Sole artist responsible for custom designs and printed apparel. Also, darkroom and paste-up work.
6/1992 - 9/1993 BLACK UNICORN PUBLISHING, Pittsburgh, PA
Freelance Comic Book Artist
- Illustrated a 7-page black-and-white story featuring my own original characters for a comic book based on collected short stories called, "Anthologies".
- Designed characters for ,"The Tale Of Modred".
VARIOUS MISC. ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
5/2011 PRIVATE COMMISSION, Falconer, NY
- Pen and ink/watercolor pointillism portrait, "The Innocence of Nine".
2/2011 PRIVATE COMMISSION, Warren, PA
- Pen and ink/watercolor pointillism portrait, "Zach & Laura" as Wedding Proposal gift.
12/2010 PRIVATE COMMISSION, Warren, PA
- Pen and ink/watercolor pointillism portrait, "Cole Yurchisin".
10/2010 FORKED MULE OUTFITTERS, Youngsville, PA
- Designed B&W t-shirt art for annual hunting trip.
4/2006 WILD *** LOGGING, Youngsville, PA
- Designed company logo.
- Designed side front/full back designs for company apparel.
6/2003 PRIVATE COMMISSION, Warren, PA
- Designed pen and ink pointillism portrait, "Our First 30 Years" for a couple’s 30th Wedding Anniversary.
5/2003 PRIVATE COMMISSIONS, Moon Township, PA
- Designed camera-ready art of a Family Crest and boat title for a $250,000 yacht, "The Lady Adsten".
- Designed pen and ink pointillism portrait, "The Lady Adsten of Essex, CT" of the same yacht. Client was the retired Founder of "Dick's Sporting Goods".
11/2002 PRIVATE COMMISSION, Warren, PA
- Designed and airbrushed "Peter Pan & Captain Hook" murals on walls of baby nursery.
9/2002 PRIVATE COMMISSION, Pittsburgh, PA
- Designed and airbrushed "Winnie-the-Pooh" murals on walls of baby nursery.
5/1995 UNITED REFINING COMPANY, Warren, PA
- Designed “1995 WalkAmerica” t-shirt which won First Place in county contest.
5/1995 BLAIR CORPORATION, Irvine, PA
- Designed various t-shirts and hats for company softball and basketball tournaments.
- Designed “1995 WalkAmerica” t-shirt which won Third Place in county contest.
4/1995 CAMP CHAUTAUQUA, Jamestown, NY
- Designed an alternate logo for 1995 season. Used on letterheads and T-shirts.
3/1995 - 1998 GRUMPY'S BAR, Warren, PA
- Designed various T-shirts and sweatshirts.
1/1995 WARREN COUNTY RECREATION COMMISSION, Warren, PA
- Designed logo for "1995 Kinzua Triathlon".
9/1994 WARREN BAND BOOSTERS, Warren, PA
- Designed cover for "1994 Bands Over Kinzua" marching band competition program.
5/2008 - Present ELLWOOD NATIONAL FORGE COMPANY, Irvine, PA / Warren, PA
- Operates all types of conventional and CNC controlled Lathe machines and equipment; knowledge of digital readouts.
- Machines and equipment including Turning Lathes, Vertical/Horizontal Boring Mills, Grinders and Saws.
- Performs setups, layouts and execution of work according to product specifications, blueprints and work instructions.
- Determines proper operation sequence, select speeds, feeds and cutting tools according to type of materials and finish requirements to precision machine to tolerances of <.001".
- Uses special holding fixtures, counterbalances and counterweights for positioning and securing products in machines.
- Operates overhead cranes and/or radio-controlled cranes when and where required.
- Maintains all reports and recordkeeping as required.
- Performs daily routine preventive maintenance on assigned machines.
5/2004 – 4/2008 CARTER LUMBER, Warren, PA
Outside Sales Representative / Installed Sales Representative
- Travel out to construction jobsites.
- Work closely with contractors and home builders, providing lumber, building materials and services.
- Do material take-off lists from blueprints and schedule deliveries.
- Arrange and schedule Licensed Installers for Installed jobs.
- Order any special order items such as: Trusses, Windows, Doors, Steel I-Beams, Roofing, etc…
3/2004 - 5/2004 ADECCO/BLAIR CORPORATION, Irvine, PA
- Packing, sorting and loading trucks.
- Just moved back to hometown of Warren, PA. Just a temporary job till something better came along.
9/2002 - 6/2003 MELNICK CONSTRUCTION & MAINTENNANCE, Moon Township, PA
Part-time General Contractor and Handyman
- Carpentry, roofing, siding, painting, concrete, etc...
- Freelance contractors for Sheds USA, Inc.
- In June of 2003, business relocated to East Haddam, CT. So my family and I prepared our house for sale and planned our relocation to our hometown of Warren, PA.
3/2001 - 9/2002 84 LUMBER, Moon Township, PA
Outside Contractor Sales Representative
- Travel out to construction jobsites.
- Worked closely with contractors and home builders, providing lumber, building materials and services.
2/1999 - 5/2000 PNC BANK CORPORATION, USX Tower, Pittsburgh, PA
Project Analyst II / Dialer Administrator
- Sole person in charge of the operation of a "eShare Technologies" (previously Melita International) predictive dialer system for PNC Bank Corporation's Outbound Sales Call Center.
- Duties included the negotiating, receiving, uploading and managing of all calling campaign lists.
- Responsible for all predictive dialer hardware, as well as all 135 agent workstations.
- Created, designed and ran all daily, weekly and monthly reporting and analysis, including agent reports used in the hiring, firing and promoting process.
- Performed monthly back-ups of a RISC 6000 Server.
- Calculated all campaign and project monthly billing.
- Held conference calls with service providers and prospective service providers.
- Trained new agents on the operation of the workstations.
- 1999 Perfect Attendance Award.
- 3/2000: Solely performed and verified all Leap Year testing on Predictive Dialer and workstations.
- 11/1999 - 5/2000: Planning and implementation of workstation format from Windows OS/2 to Windows NT and Magellan.
- 10/1999 - 1/2000: Solely performed and verified all Y2K testing on Predictive Dialer and workstations.
- 5/2000: Left with friend to start our own business, "Independent Artisans, Incorporated".
7/1996 - 2/1999 PNC BANK CORPORATION, USX Tower, Pittsburgh, PA
Financial Services Consultant / Loan Closer
- Worked closely with customers, loan applicants and credit agencies to finalize the loan process.
- Calling campaigns included: IVR, PNC Bank National, PNC Bank InMarkets, Business Banking, Deposits, Credit Cards, AAA Financial Services and various surveys.