Qualifications and Skills
Experienced, results driven professional with over 15 years of training/project management experience. Key strengths include the ability to manage multiple, complex projects concurrently through the utilization of exceptional analytical, organizational, and relationship-building skills. Proven capability to quickly learn new industries and technology with a demonstrated track record for maximizing resources, revenue, and overall profitability.
RSM McGladrey, Bloomington, Minnesota 1/2011 -- Present
Consulting Learning Manager
· Design, develop and implement two week training conferences for new college graduate associates in Consulting that resulted in the company’s highest evaluation scores for fiscal 2010/2011.
· Procuring and managing external vendor and internal instructors for program delivery.
· Designed and developed one day training for Consulting Interns.
· Direct the organization and scanning of 875,000 pages of intellectual property for consulting knowledge management SharePoint site.
· Personally provide voice-over talent for internally developed online learning modules.
BI: The Business Improvement Company, Edina, Minnesota 7/2006 – 12/2010
Technical Project Manager, Learning and Organizational Effectiveness Group
· Directly managing over $6 million in as many as 15 concurrent technical projects to a gross profit margin of 50% while averaging scores of 9.3 on a 10-point scale on Total Customer Satisfaction Inventories.
· Lead programming teams to architect solutions configuring/customizing one of three different vendor provided Learning Management Systems, a Content Management System, and a custom Social Networking application, as well as SCORM compliant e-Learning, instructor led traditional learning, and proprietary Virtual Meeting technology within very tight timelines.
· Manage data interface development between BI and client’s Enterprise Resource Planning systems as well as designing reports to client specifications while stressing Return On Investment for executive level reports.
· Recognized at three company-wide meetings for managing innovative implementations that generated future business, including leading the first automated integration of Learn and Earn technology combining Learning Group specific systems and BI Incentive programs developed by other business units.
· Mentor, coach and manage contract Project Managers to work within company standards for excellence.
· Maintain client relationships with ongoing support and best-practice recommendations that generate Change Orders when appropriate.
· Support development of pricing standards and contribute to Requests for Proposals and Statements of Work.
· Author client specific job-aids and training materials for custom configured solutions and conduct training sessions with client administrators.
· Manage and track all financial aspects of projects including the utilization of PeopleSoft to create purchase orders and invoices to insure accurate tracking and high profit margin maintenance.
Gelco Information Network, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 5/2002 – 7/2006
System Design Consultant
· Provided technical design, product expertise, and technical training for multiple Gelco Information Network's Trade Management Solution projects that allows Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturers to track trade promotion spending.
· Created technical blueprint and set up program functionality per design solution, then configuring account to meet client specific requirements on Oracle and IBM Mainframe platforms.
· Designed and managed interfacing of data between Gelco and client or outside vendor utilizing XML, CSV, and Flat File Format via File Transfer Protocol (FTP). Trained client and internal resources on management of interfaces.
· Served as technical expert providing training and support for Development, Sales, and Help Desk within Gelco.
· Assist product development team with architecture of ongoing service and functionality upgrades via reviews, recommendations and testing.
Business Implementation Manager
· Managed multiple and simultaneous client implementation projects, team resources, and processes including consultation, solution design, implementation, results analysis, and training rollout through to the successful transition to the ongoing service delivery team.
· Worked directly with the client implementation project sponsor to build a strong and effective working relationship.
· Analyze current business environment for clients and consult on industry best practices to meet client revenue targets and return on investment.
PLATO Learning, Incorporated, Bloomington, Minnesota 12/2000 – 5/2002
· Tracked SCORM compliant e-Learning and Learning Management System development against budget and schedule.
· Documented project management process best practices and managed and supervised Technical Writing company-wide.
· Developed the companies’ first master schedule coordinating resource usage among 10-15 simultaneous projects.
Gelco Information Network, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 12/1997 –11/ 2000
Technical Trainer/Project Manager
· Conducted technical application training for all levels of users ranging from the manufacturer’s CFO, CIO and VPs to direct sales representatives and contracted sales agents.
· Tested the business solution within the Gelco product to insure custom programming was successful within all interfaces: Mainframe, GUI, and Web.
· Authored manufacturer-specific documentation to include system functionality and policies and procedures.
ExecuTrain, Bloomington, Minnesota 3/1994 – 12/1997
Training Supervisor/Training Manager
· Directly managed team of ten instructors while maintaining 40% classroom utilization goal. Promoted goal setting, provided motivation and gave probationary, six month, and annual performance evaluations.
· Conducted new employee orientation seminars, created and enforced policies, and provided instructional workshops for department of 40 instructors.
· Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and terminating instructors.
Instructor /Business Skills Facilitator
· Delivered computer software training to classes of 10-12 individuals.
· Facilitated seminars and developed course materials for Project Management, Time Management, and Public Speaking courses.
Heartland America, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 3/1993 – 3/1994
Telemarketing Supervisor/Training Director
· Supervised 45 representatives. Responsibilities included conducting interviews, tracking sales statistics, as well as providing monthly, probationary, and yearly written performance evaluations.
· Promoted to Training Director after six months of employment. Created the companies’ first training and development materials.
Sjodin Communications, Irvine, California 6/1992 – 2/1993
· Marketed public speaking/sales training to over 100 top companies.
· Revised sales training seminar material and generated over 25 percent of company’s new clientele.
Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois 8/1990 – 6/1992
Instructor of Speech Communication/Assistant Director of Forensics
· Taught courses in business and professional speaking, basic public speaking, interpersonal communication, interviewing, and introductory communication (hybrid course). Received excellent student evaluations and letters of commendation from students, parents, and school administrators.
· Provided coaching and directed travel, budget, public relations, and student recruitment for a 50-member team ranked first nationally in competitive public speaking.
Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois 1989
M.S. in Speech Communication, Graduate Teaching Assistant/Forensics Coach
Mankato State University, Mankato, Minnesota 1987
B.S. in Speech Communication, Summa *** Laude
Professional Activities and Continuing Education
Project Management Training
· Carlson School of Management Employer Education Services, Minneapolis, Minnesota
· SkillPath Seminar, Bloomington, Minnesota
· Productivity Point International, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
DayTimer Time Management Facilitator, Business Skills Facilitator and Training Manager Training Certifications
· ExecuTrain Corporation, Atlanta, Georgia,
· 10 week course focusing on management issues, Employers Association Incorporated, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Peoria School District
· Conducted seminar on communication topics to 150 principals and administrators, Peoria, Illinois