A qualified legal consultant and legal writer on NGO issues with management, infrastructure development and organizational leadership experience:
- Master of Laws, Significant Editorial and Legal Experience on NGO related issues – actively contributed to the editorial process and content of several biweekly and bimonthly legal publications. Drafted numerous commentaries, comparative studies, research and policy papers on NGO related issues.
- Management/Development – successfully managed and developed a legal training department dedicated to the nonprofit sector.
- Infrastructure Development & Organizational Leadership – recruited in part and led a 20-person team in three areas: Publishing, Legal Training and Payroll Assistance.
GLOBELINK FLC 2010-PRESENT
- French teacher conducting group classes with officers and individual classes with general officers of the Canadian Forces based at NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command), Peterson AFB.
- Translation services from English to French and French to English.
- Interpreting services in various area of activity (healthcare, municipal court, etc.)
ICNL (INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR NOT-FOR-PROFIT LAW) 2006-PRESENT
- Contributed numerous comparative studies and research and policy papers dealing with NGO and civil society issues.
- Expertise in French NGO law and significant experience of US, Western & Central European NGO law.
- In-country experience: Presented key aspects of French corporate law before the Ministry of Justice in Tashkent, Uzbekistan (2009); conducted and oversaw a project in Dakar, Senegal leading to the production of a report on the analysis of the country’s legal framework for civil society organizations (2010).
EDITIONS JURIS-SERVICE, LYON, FRANCE 1990- 2003
(The French version of Lexis-Nexis and Westlaw serving the following readership: Directors, Officers, and Executives of Nonprofit organizations; their professional partners (i.e. lawyers, CPAs, etc.); their institutional partners, (i.e., local and national public and political organizations)
- Senior legal writer for “Juris Associations”, biweekly publication and leader on the French legal issues for nonprofit organizations. Active member of the Editorial Committee. Results include substantial contributions to the editorial process and significant contributions of short articles and papers.
- Senior writer and Managing Editor for “Juris Libéral”, bimonthly publication dedicated to self-employed professionals (Medical Doctors, Architects, CPA, Lawyers, etc.). In charge of the entire legal content and publication process. Results include about a 100 pages of legal content each year.
NGO network experience
- Participated in the first incorporated network in France involving the French Government’s main departments in charge of the nonprofit sector and major NGOs.
- Participated in two European networks involving training issues for the NGO sector.
Manager, Legal Training Department
- Established, successfully developed, and managed an annual training program for our readership. This resulted in a 10X increase in sales over the first five years, which resulted in a steady market penetration over the following years.
- Conducted multiple legal training sessions on tax and legal issues for directors, officers and executives of nonprofit organizations. This resulted in my ability to balance both managerial responsibilities for the firm as well as to maintain a legal proficiency in the company’s area of practice and to receive and incorporate the clients’ direct feedback on the services provided.
- Taught a course on nonprofit Organizations in the University of Paris Pantheon Sorbonne’s Master’s program. This resulted in increased visibility and public relations value to the firm.
- Managed and coordinated Human Resources, Marketing, Finance and Budget.
- Led and managed a 20-person team in three areas: Publishing, Legal training and Payroll Assistance.
SCP DELSOL MILLON GARIAZZO & ASSOCIÉS, LYON, FRANCE 1988-1990
(One of the top five regional business law firms with offices in Lyon and Paris)
- Managed a portfolio of a hundred clients (self-employed professionals).
- Counseled clients on legal and fiscal issues and filed their personal and professional tax returns.
French (native), English (fluent), German (intermediate), Spanish (basic)
Georgetown University, Center for Public & Nonprofit Leadership June 2009
Nonprofit Management Executive Certificate
Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC May 2005
Master of Laws (LL.M)
Concentration: Nonprofit Organizations
Université Jean Moulin Lyon III, Lyon, France June 1993
Maîtrise de Droit des Affaires (J.D. equivalent)