608 East Tremont Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28203-5336 Phone (704) 334-0450
Michael S. Gordon
Objective Work as a part-time freelance writer for an organization seeking a writer with strong non-fiction writing and research skills.
09/97 to 12/06 Central Piedmont Comm. College Charlotte, NC
Baccalaureate Certificate, Paralegal Technology
- Academically recognized for legal research and writing skills.
09/79 to 05/86 University of North Carolina Charlotte, NC
Master of Public Administration
- Member, National Honor Society for Public Administration.
08/71 to 12/05 U.S. Postal Service Charlotte, NC
Manager, Maintenance Operations Support, Ad Hoc Labor Relations Specialist, Supervisor, Maintenance Operations
- 17 years experience as an ad hoc labor relations representative. Met with union stewards from all shifts at the second step in the collective bargaining process to discuss, with the intent to resolve, grievances on a wide range of issues.
- Wrote grievance settlements and decisions for management. Settlements and decisions were based on the facts of the cases, national and local labor-management agreements, arbitration decisions, and labor case law.
- Developed and honed exceptionally strong research and writing skills using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and Intranet and Internet websites. Also prepared reports, spreadsheets and presentations for all levels of management, and for use in labor relations matters.
11/10 to Present Freelance Charlotte, NC
- Have researched and written well over 300 SEO articles from 300 to 500 words in length on a variety of subjects for companies as assigned by editor or chosen by me. Many of these articles include links and images.
- I am particularly interested in writing articles on politics and related social issues.