ROOSEVELT D. ROBINSON
OBJECTIVE: To pursue a career in information technology where I can
maximize my potential, enhance my skills, and deliver top quality results in an environment where team work is promoted and success is rewarded.
• IBM mainframe utility programs, COBOL, JCL, Easytrieve, SORT/MERGE utility, PLANBINDS, PACKBINDS, VSAM, ENDEVOR, SMARTTEST, subschemas, ASDD, MQ, OS/360 technologies, Six Sigma DMAIC project methodology, btConverge
• Profiency - MS (Visio, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Project), Windows XP, Internet Explorer, Firefox
• Additional experience - C,C++, Java, DB2, QMF, CICS, Cisco Systems Routers and Switches, Cisco WAN Manager, Maplesoft, Oracle, UNIX, Maple, Mulberry, Omnet++, Wireshark, packet-sniffing software, XHTML, Frame Relay, ATM, SONET, DHCP, DNS Server Design, Iperf, Jperf, Web100, SIP, NAT, VoIP, FTP, VPN, SS7, TCP/IP
BANK OF AMERICA, Charlotte, NC June 2010 – Sept. 2011
Analyst - Application Programmer II
• Performed duties as subject-matter expert (SME) for the Customer Notification Engine (CNE) application, where we were responsible for sending email and SMS alerts to online banking customers.
• Ensured all new alerts and alert preferences were coded and stored accurately (for all Automatic, Proactive, and Customer-managed alerts) by our entire development team and offshore resources.
• Mitigated risk by ensuring all CIS standards were followed through enforcing document-naming convention standards within our application
• Created single document-repository location for all internal documents created.
• Retained full knowledge of application, alerts, and other pertinent information
• Served as liaison between other project team/application SMEs, project development team members and business analysts (BAs).
• Conducted mainframe tests/coding by developing JCL jobs and COBOL code used for various projects and initiatives
• Created and approved project design documents, included HLDs, LLDs, SIWs, and CIT/SIT Test Plans.
• Developed project estimates, based on each DMAIC stage requirements/task our application became engaged in.
• Attended/facilitated project meetings designed to discuss development efforts for various upcoming projects and releases.
• Created/submitted weekly reports specifying statistics around application’s SMS and email alerts sent out to vender clients
• Facilitated regular code walk-through sessions with the team.
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD, Columbia, SC July 2008 – April 2010
Application Programmer I
• Developed and executed enterprise server (mainframe) programs, meeting the standards and guidelines of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Information Systems (I/S) Division.
• TSO browsing, editing, and utilities
• Created mainframe COBOL and Easytrieve programs, PROCS, SORT/MERGE elements, PLANBINDS, and PACKBINDS
• Created system packages with mainframe elements; promoted elements up through various stages
• Responsible for contacting our internal Memb.Approval group to ensure promoted elements were approved through stages of the production life cycle within the Endevor system.
• Basic JCL coding, procedures, conditions, restarts, and refer backs
• Administrative duties pertinent to development, modification, execution, and stage promotion of various elements/modules for area’s projects.
BELK’S DEPARTMENT STORE, North Augusta, SC October 2007 – November 2007
• Serviced customers in the Home department
• Operated the cash register
• Maintained store area
OHIO UNIVERSITY, Athens, OH
Graduate Assistant September 2006 - May 2007
• Utilized OPNET’s ITGURU software to create network models of various types of Enterprise IS communication networks.
• Incorporated LTP specifications for modified simulation environment.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY, Washington, DC
Summer Intern June 2005 - August 2005
• Developed electronic reporting tool through Excel that houses well-specific information from several states, influencing database development within the Underground Injection Control (UIC) program.
• Participate in program decision making development and conductive active research on electronic reporting methods for Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water (OGWDW).
VIRGINIA TECH UNIVERSITY, Blacksburg, VA
Research Intern May 2004 - August 2004
• Developed online learning modules through Java implementation for software testing in the Computer Science Department.
• Design a Java- based instructional program named KAREL for Virginia Tech Computer Science Department.
• Developed a database for intro to Software Engineering at Virginia Tech Computer Science Department.
Canada Online Banking (OLB) (2010)
E-Initiative Paper Suppression Phase II (2010)
Northwest Online Banking (NW OLB) Conversion (2011)
Small Business eStatements (2011)
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS:
• NW OLB Project team recognition for timely delivery/ concise presentation of High-Level Design (HLD) document during JAD session
• FFD team recognition for leveraging one of their resources to conduct code reviews
• LOB and CNE team recognition for creation of organized, consistent weekly reporting of email and SMS metrics of alerts sent to email vendor, Exact Target, and out to online banking customers
• Claflin University Dean’s List
• National Dean’s List
• United States Academic Achievement & Citizen’s Scholarship
• Ohio University Communications and Technology Policy Scholarship
• Claflin University Honors Scholarship
Network Access Using CDMA Based MAC with Code Broker April 2006
• A comparative study designed to use Quality of Service (QoS) standards in examining the access schemes of CDMA and CSMA technologies.
Using Iperf & Web100 to improve OPLIN Network Performance May 2008
• Utilizing Iperf and Web100 in testing connections and TCP variables in order to improve performance on the Ohio Public Library Information Network.
OHIO UNIVERSITY, Athens, OH
Masters Degree in Communications Technology and Policy, Graduation: June 2008
CLAFLIN UNIVERSITY, Orangeburg, SC
Bachelor of Science, Graduation: June 2006
Major: Management Information Science
GPA: 3.60, SUMMA *** LAUDE, DEAN’S LIST