Re: English/Spanish Telephonic
In reference to your telephonic interpreter job posting on "Getbilingualjobs.net", below please find copy of my resume. I am very interested in this opportunity and would like to learn more about it, as I feel that the experience gained as an independent contractor coupled with my English/Spanish telephonic and face-to-face interpretation skills would match your openings.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I hope to be able to further discuss possible work with your company.
Lidia del Puerto-Prats
Miami, FL USA
Lidia del Puerto Prats
842 SW 12 Ct
Miami, Fl 33135
305-720-3013 (cellular / message)
OBJECTIVE: Telecommuting position as telephonic English/Spanish Interpreter.
Interpretation (English/Spanish, consecutive and simultaneous modes).
* Performed face-to-face interpretations as independent contractor for patients at hospitals and other local healthcare facilities, government offices and business seminars/meetings between S. American owners and U.S. vendors.
* Carried out telephonic interpretations as on-call independent contractor as well as for large interpretation agency in various fields. Highest volumes were from government agencies providing social, education and medical services (Social Security Administration, Health and Rehabilitation Services, County Health Departments, Correctional Facilities, Police Departments, Emergency-911 and School Boards), private hospitals, medical offices, insurance and banking/finance, among others. Calls were received from the U.S. and Great Britain, and LEP's were from a wide range of ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
* Taught ESL, Spanish and elementary French, including total immersion courses, to iindividuals and groups of adults and children from a wide range of nationalities Assessed students' language skills for class-level placement.
* Taught English Proficiency skills required to pass the TOEIC and SAT tests to international students.
* Programmed daily teacher/student schedules in conjunction with two other local schools.
* Monitored lessons periodically with school Director.
* Translated certifications and various documents for walk-in clients in School.
* Translated documents written in a variety of subjects including medical.
Language Line / Online Interpreters, April, 2009 - December, 2010
Independent Contractor; English/Spanish Instructor/Interpreter 2003-2004, 2005-2010
Telelangue/World Speaking, 2005-present
Foremost Investments, Miami, FL, 1993-1998; 2002-2003 (p/t)
Private ESL and reading/math Tutor, 1990-1995 (p/t)
Execucentre International; Eng/Spa/Port Translations, Document Confidentiality Management, Miami, FL, 1986-1990
Berlitz International Language Centers, Inc.; Instructor & Translator Miami, FL, 1980-1985
Education: A.A., Miami-Dade Community College, Miami, FL
Liberal Arts Major coursework in Foreign Languages, FIU, Miami, FL 1990
Currently in enrollment process geared towards the National Medical Interpreters Certification, "Cultural Advantage".