College graduate with a progressive record of success in graphic design, advertising concepts & copy writing, management of significant projects & assignments. Creative problem solver with ability to drive projects from concept to completion, works well under pressure to accomplish company goals & objectives. Identified as consummate team player. Emphasizes the significance of good communication skills and positive work atmosphere.
WINTHROP UNIVERSITY, Rock Hill, SC
B.S. Degree in Business Administration
Major in Marketing
81 credits completed (with transfer credits)
• GPA 4.0
SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, Fairfield, CT
B.S. Degree in Business Administration
Major in Marketing,
75 credits completed
• GPA 3.70. Dean’s List
HOUSATONIC COMMUNITY TECHNICAL COLLEGE,
Associate of Science Degree, Business Administration, 1994
• Honors Graduate
PARSONS SCHOOL OF DESIGN,
New York City, NY
Studies in Illustration, 1978
• Elected to Delta Mu Delta
National Honor Society
• Elected to Delta Epsilon Sigma National Honor Society
• Manchester Who's Who
• Chapter Vice President
Main Street Chamber
Flagler & St. Johns Counties
Macintosh & PC
QuarkXpress • InDesign
Illustrator • Freehand • CorelDRAW
Microsoft Word • Microsoft Excel
AD PIZAZZZ, Palm Coast, FL 1993 - present
A locally owned and operated advertising agency offering distinctive design concepts for distinguishing results.
• magazine design & production • billboards • media kits • brochures • magazine ad design
• logo design • coordinate & direct photo shoots • photography • direct mail
• trade show displays • corporate identity • packaging design • catalogs • newsletters
• copy writing
Ad Pizazzz has a varied customer base to include photographers, realtors, doctors, furniture stores, clothing & shoe stores, resorts, remodeling companies, publishers, jewelers, banking institutions, real estate developers, restaurants,
golf vacation specialists & cleaning companies just to name a few.
PRUDENTIAL WARREN REAL ESTATE, Palm Coast, FL Jan 2006 - May 2006
A successful local real estate company
• Managed & coordinated placement of all advertising, copy writing & proofreading
COMPORIUM PUBLISHING, Rock Hill, SC Sep 2001 - Apr 2005
A privately owned communications company
• billboards • media kits • newspaper ads • packaging design • telephone book covers
• direct mail pieces • promotional brochures • yellow page ads • pamphlets • logo design
• trade show displays • magazine ads
Interface with a varied customer base to include manufacturing companies, attorneys, physicians, colleges, elementary schools & restaurants, etc. Worked closely with York County Museum, York County Sports & Tourism Commission, Historic Brattonsville, Clinton Junior College & Westminster Catawba Christian School. Prepare digital files for output. Consult directly with printing companies to coordinate production of printed materials.
THE SALVATION ARMY - Divisional Headquarters, Charlotte, NC Oct 1997 - Sep 2001
• posters • newsletters • promotional brochures • certificates • special event programs
• booklets • tee-shirt logos • flyers
Interface with all levels of officers and management to coordinate special projects and initiatives. Prepare digital files for output. Consult directly with printing companies to coordinate the production of all printed materials. Familiar with printing procedures and color separation.
CAMERA WORLD, Charlotte, NC Jun 1997 - Oct 1997
Graphic Designer/Advertising Manager
• catalogs • magazine ads • brochures • newspaper ads
Manage co-op advertising and scheduling for companies such as Kodak, Nikon, Fuji, etc. in order to take full advantage of co-op funds being provided by these companies. Consult directly with printing companies to coordinate the production of all printed materials.
TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENTS Jan 1997 - Jun 1997
• York International, Charlotte, NC. - Receptionist • DMSI, Charlotte, NC - Admin. Duties
• Chicago Pneumatic, Inc., Rock Hill, SC - Executive Assistant
• Elberson Senger Shuler, Charlotte, NC - Admin.Duties
KNIGHT COMMUNICATIONS, Charlotte, NC Feb 1996 - Dec 1996
Sales Production Specialist
Function as a liaison between Production, Sales and Management to complete a diverse variety of assignments.
• special projects • sales invoicing • promotional materials • cash posting • typesetting
• reports • proofreading • maintain sales accounts • graphic design • sales trends & progress
SIKORSKY AIRCRAFT, Stratford, CT Apr 1979 - Jan 1996
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced helicopters for commercial, industrial and military uses. Sikorsky is the prime contractor in the U.S. Army’s UH-60M program, which will eventually involve the recapitalization and modernization of 1,200 BLACK HAWK aircraft over the next 25 years.
Worked in various positions over the course of 17 years, acquiring increasing knowledge, skills & responsibility. Began my career building Black Hawk Helicopters, was promoted to engineering assistant and ultimately retired as assistant to Production Control Supervisor.
Available upon request.