1452 Sunrise Trail
Burlington, WI 53105
Online Portfolio: jwalski.carbonmade.com
Seeking enjoyable, challenging, and rewarding career in the Graphic Arts
University of Wisconsin- Parkside
B.F.A / Graphic Design
May / 2003
Bar Code Pro
Fischer Paper Products, Inc.
Graphic Artist – (03/06 - Present)
• Created all new company logo and corporate identity for all media. Includes new letterhead, business cards, folders, in-house quote forms, invoice layouts, displays, and complete design of stock catalog.
• Recreation and maintenance of company website. Managed all photography of stock items and custom display layouts for website and marketing promotions, advertisements, and design of online catalog.
• Responsible for layout of all artwork for stock and custom printed specialty bags, from the artwork submittal stage until finished product inspection. This includes redrawing or creating new vector art files with color separation and trapping of all spot colors for print on a flexographic press. Also provided custom sized templates and/or multiple handmade samples of custom bag sizes for client trial and testing purposes.
• Provide inter-department support for customer service, sales, marketing, shipping, and production, by way of: providing hard copies and PDF proofs, submitting proofs and approval forms to clients, supplying stock files, creating carton and label graphics, providing templates, mock-ups, or hand samples, and communicating with clients and distributors.?
• Produced original bag designs for numerous stock items in company's Food Service and Hotel & Restaurant Amenities line.
• Maintaining flow of multiple projects and tasks daily, while interacting and communicating with clients, customer service, and production to ensure quality results and meet or exceed expectations for custom prints.
Original Product and Freelance Design
Freelance Artist - (2002 – Present)
• Design of logos, advertisements, and websites for numerous companies
• Original Illustrations for children’s literature
• Creation of original trading card line
Wassup Local Magazine
Kenosha, Racine, and Lake Counties
Graphic Artist – (2008-2010)
• Created advertisements and promotions for businesses in monthly publications
Kenosha and Racine County Lead Abatement Campaign
Graphic Artist – (10/02)
• Contributed designs and media displays for, "Lead Hurts Kids", awareness campaign
ONLINE PORTFOLIO: jwalski.carbonmade.com