ken meyer jr. illustrator/designer
Very strong in traditional media as well as digital media, with a variety of styles available.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, self starter.
Mechanicals, typesetting, scanning, retouching, traditional (painting, design, illustration, and cartooning). Digital programs used include Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Flash.
Freelance, various clients, ongoing
Illustration, Design, Production for games, comics, educational media, cds, dvds, websites and more.
Clients include Bell Helmets, Veronica Mars television program, RAINN organization (a yearly calendar for a non profit organization), Measured Progress (educational materials), White Wolf Games, Savannah College of Art and Design Online Learning dept. and more.
Sony/Verant Interactive, 6/2000 - 2/2002
Conceptualized characters, produced textures or 'skins' for characters and was a major part of a team working on very tight deadlines to produce a very popular product.
- Art for massively multiplayer online 3d game, Everquest
- Concepts, textures for both levels and characters
- Extra curricular work, including poster art
- Software includes Photoshop, Illustrator, 3dStudio Max
Stellcom, 12/1999 - 6/2000
Was part of a small design team and was instrumental in pleasing clients while producing web related graphics using a variety of software.
- Conceptualized and followed through on various commercial websites
- Designed websites and components as well as other products
- Software used included Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver and Flash.
Leading Way Corporation, 8/1999 - 12/1999
Was part of a small group of artists producing a wide variety of graphics for online teaching modules as well as producing graphics for commercial products, in addition to writing additional copy for training materials.
- Conceptualized and followed through on various corporate training materials
- Used design, realistic and cartoon illustration
- Software used included Photoshop, Illustrator, SoundEdit
Systems Engineering Associates, 9/1995 - 3/1998
Was one of two artists producing artwork/copy/voice work and more for online and cdrom training materials, a very important part in a small team environment.
- Conceptualized and followed through on various corporate and military training materials
- Used design, realistic and cartoon illustration, also did audio and voice over work
- Software used included Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw, SoundEdit
Mediashare/Jostens Learning/Talent Tree/Apple One, 9/1992 - 5/1995
Produced a large amount of graphics and illustrations for several departments, helping to assemble a strong k-12 learning curriculum, and was asked back several times through temp agencies after a massive layoff based on record of quick turnaround and quality work.
- Worked on multimedia curriculum for educational software
- Used design, cartooning, traditional media and digital media
- Software used included Photoshop, Painter, Studio 8
Savannah College of Art and Design, BFA: Illustration; Summa *** Laude, MFA: Sequential Art