1209 Riverbend • Tyler, Texas 75703 • 903-571-4308 • email@example.com
Marketing and Public Relations Professional with extensive experience in consumer goods and services driving national and local marketing and public relations initiatives. Proven abilities in strategic marketing/public relations plan development, execution and measurement, specializing in brand positioning and consumer segmentation.
• Strategic Planning
• Internal/External Communications
• Creative Development
• Account Management
• Social Media
HCA, Denton, TX 2009 - Present
Vice President of Business Development
Drive organization’s business development strategy and vision, providing leadership to inspire growth while managing relationships that move transformational initiatives.
• Play an integral role in developing the overall strategy of the organization
• Serve as key external spokesperson representing HCA and Denton Regional Medical Center to relevant constituencies
• Develop and support the ongoing growth of multi-layered, long-term, partnerships with corporations, government entities, and hospitals
• Collaborate with and support local directors in executing local strategies and integrating those strategies with divisional and national goals
• Leverage CEO’s and Board’s engagement in business development activities
• Drive marketing and public relations strategy to raise profile as a leading organization in the health care field, including production of marketing materials, management of mass media as well as website and social media efforts
TRANE, Tyler, TX 2006-2009
Senior Brand Manager
Developed and implemented strategic marketing and public relations plans for the Trane brand that led to and maintained share of voice leadership and market share gain.
• Utilized consumer research to better understand consumer attitudes/needs and trends
• Managed direct reports, agencies and other partners to execute brand initiatives, consumer pull, packaging, and external/internal communication
• Assisted with the development of the fiscal year Annual Operating Plan (AOP) priorities and growth bets
• Led creative development (print, TV, radio, online, website), SEO/SEM, media planning/buying and promotions strategy/implementation
• Leveraged strategic insights and executive thought leadership to meet business
imperatives while effectively interacting with Sales, Finance, Operations and Product Development. Influenced and collaborated with sales team to jointly drive the business
TRINITY MOTHER FRANCES HEALTH SYSTEM, Tyler, TX 1998-2006
Director of Marketing (2003-2006)
Led marketing and public relations initiatives to support 13 regional clinics and affiliate hospitals.
• Developed and implemented strategic marketing and public relations plans that led to and maintained share of voice and market share leadership
• Supervised marketing staff and in-house advertising and public relations agency
• Conducted consumer research utilizing focus groups and phone surveys. Analyzed market trends
• Served as media buyer for in-house ad agency
• Managed creative development and production of multi-media Addy award winning campaigns
• Launched new positioning line for TMFHS
• Opened new Heart Institute and large bed expansion project through use of special events, mass media and grassroots marketing
Brand Manager (2000-2003)
Led marketing initiatives for six major product lines.
• Responsible for the marketing and public relations plans and managed supporting budgets
• Managed creative development and production of campaigns for assigned brands.
• Led four grassroots marketing representatives
• Directed the planning and coordination of special events with attendance ranging from 10 to 15,000 people
• Opened new regional hospital and launched multiple regional expansion projects
Community Development Manager (1998-2000)
Developed and maintained relationships with key influencers and referring physicians in secondary market area.
• Held active positions on various chamber boards and committees; attended and presented at school board meetings, city council meetings and county commissioner meetings
• Determined product/service needs through focus groups
• Planned and implemented special events
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Director of Sales and Catering for Holiday Inn
Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing and Management
Tarleton State University, Stephenville, TX
Master of Business Administration, Marketing and Management
Numerous programs, conferences and seminars including SEO/SEM,
Marketing ROI, Brand Building, Agency Management, and Marketing Research
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Publisher, Photo Shop, Illustrator
American Marketing Association (AMA)
Association of National Advertisers (ANA)
Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)