Objective: I am currently working for a major publishing company. I am willing to offer freelance editorial work at very reasonable rates.
August 2006 - May 2009
Kansas State University - Manhattan, KS
Bachelor of Arts Major: English Option: Literature
GPA: 3.63 Graduation date: May 2009
August 2004 - May 2006
Allen Community College - Burlington, KS
Completed 32 college credit hours before high school graduation
August 2002 - May 2006
Burlington High School - Burlington, KS
GPA: 4.0 ACT Composite: 32 (English: 35)
April 2011 - June 2011
Local Writer Freelance - Copy Editor Nashville, TN
Performed copy editing duties for a 250-page manuscript by a writer in Manhattan, KS.
August 2009 - Present
LifeWay Christian Resources - Production Editor Nashville, TN
Served as a production editor on the ******* team for the Childhood Ministry Publishing department.
June 2009 - July 2009
LifeWay Christian Resources - Editorial Intern Nashville, TN
Served as an editorial intern performing editorial duties for the Childhood Ministry Publishing department.
September 2007 - March 2009
Touchstone Literary Journal - Assistant Copy Editor Manhattan, KS
Assisted with copyediting duties for two annual Touchstone annual literary journals at Kansas State University.
October 2008 - December 2008
Local Writers Freelance - Copy Editor Manhattan, KS
Performed copyediting duties as needed for manuscripts of local writers.
October 2008 - December 2008
Cambridge Editing - Copy Editor Manhattan, KS
Reviewed and revised the English websites of foreign companies operating in the United States.
August 2008 - September 2008
Kansas State Collegian - Weekly Columnist Manhattan, KS
Wrote a weekly opinion column for the K-State Collegian concerning my thoughts on Christianity.
July 2007 - August 2008
Sunflower Publications - Contributing Writer Lawrence, KS
Assisted in the development of a magazine representing student life at K-State and contributed six articles.
- Attentive to detail
- Hard worker, committed to meeting deadlines and strives for accuracy
- Familiar with numerous software programs on PCs and Macs including MS Office, Adobe InCopy CS3/4/5, Lotus Notes, Google Apps
- Good critical-thinking skills; fast learner
- Excellent English language skills, some Spanish experience
- Strong interpersonal and team-related skills
- B.A. in English with an emphasis in literature
- 2 years copyediting for Kansas State's literary journal, Touchstone
- 5 months freelance editing for a local writer
- 1.5 years writing for a student life magazine
- 1 year writing for high school newspaper
- 1 year "unofficial" high school yearbook editor
- Very strong computer skills/knowledge
SPECIAL TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Contract Retention by Scanning (Using OCE scanner): June 2009
- LifeWay CMP Style Manual Training: June 2009
- Legal depository training
- Artist interviews to write feature articles for Bible Express
- XML tagging
- InCopy training
- Served as production editor for two children's Bible activity books (1) (2)
- Web site work: Build, design, and maintain Google sites, Blogger sites, Wordpress site
- Member of Immanuel Nashville – Nashville, Tennessee
- Newfoundland Mission Trip - St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada (2010)
- Navigators Summer Training Program - Jacksonville, Florida (2008)
AWARDS & ACTIVITIES
- LifeWay Achievement of Excellence award, 2010, 2011
- Jimmy Draper Missions Scholarship Runner-Up, 2010
- Henry J. Putnam Scholar, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009
- Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholar, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009
- 2006 USAA National English Award recipient
- 2006 KDHE "Get Caught Recycling!" County Contest winner
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) membership nominee
- Kansas State University semester honors recipient, Spring 2007
- Golden Key International Honour Society nominee, 2007-2008, 2008-2009
- Published in November 2006 issue of Teen Ink magazine- Published in Creative Kids magazine, 2002; Creative Communications, 2005
- Kansas State University Honors Program, August 2006 - December 2007
- Catalyst Self-Development Experience, January 2007 - May 2007
- Navigators Student Ministry, October 2006 - Present
REFERENCES AND WRITING SAMPLES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.