Donald T. Williams
1220 Magnolia Avenue
Camden, NJ 08103
Exceptionally talented, passionate, dedicated Artist/educator with extensive background in teaching students in secondary school art curriculum guide. Looking to obtain position, with a quality art organization as an in-house artist coordinator/consultant.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
2009 –Present Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Philadelphia Pa.
Continuing Education in Fine Arts (currently/scholarship)
2001 – 2003 Rutgers University, Camden NJ.
Artist /Teacher Institute, Concentration 2D and 3D design theory
1987 – 1992 University of the Arts, Philadelphia Pa.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Printmaking/Book Arts
Concentration- Printmaking and Art Education
NJ Instructional Art Education Certification K-12
Rutgers/LEAP Academy University Charter School, Inc.
Professional Development Certificate
ERIC-Professional Development Division
Reading Writing across the Curriculum
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Residential In-House Artist
• Instruct and guide students through various thematic based projects.
• Collaborate with other visiting and residential artist on current Performing Arts season’s program.
• Integrating the visual arts with the theatre and musical portion of the Performing Arts.
Art Teacher, Grades k-12
• Evaluated and graded students' class work, performances, projects, assignments, and papers.
• Explained and demonstrated artistic techniques.
• Instructed pupils in principals of art and design
• Prepared lesson plans and established course goals.
• Selected books and art supplies for class.
• Observed and evaluated students' work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.
• Conferred with student, parent, and counselor to resolve student problem.
• Organized and accompanied students on field trips to museums and art galleries.
• Directed planning and supervision of student contests, art exhibits and fund raising
• Taught students with disabilities.
• Set up and maintained facilities (i.e) kilns for ceramic work, studios and storage areas.
• Ordered and maintained art resources and materials within the budget allowance.
Residential In-house Artist-Idea Performing Arts Center -Camden NJ. 2010 – Present
Art Teacher -LEAP Academy Charter School Camden NJ. 1998 – 2006
Art Teacher, East Camden Middle School Camden Board of Education 1993 – 1997
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
Continuing Ed Community Scholarship Award 2010
LEAP Academy University Charter School Pioneer Award 2005
Teacher of the Year Award Leap Academy Parent Council 2002
Best of Show New Jersey National Arts Program 2000
Best of Show Camden’s Renaissance Arts 1999
Honorable mention, Stedman Art Gallery 1991
Judges Award, Philadelphia Sketch Club 1991
Brandywine Graphic Award Philadelphia. Pa. 1990
University of The Arts Eisenmen Memorial Travel Scholarship 1990