An experience spanning over 12 years with 9 years in Information Technology, I have worked in the areas of Business Development, Client Relationship Management and Program/Project Management for non-project specific activities. In project specific activities, my experience has been in Project Management, Business Analysis, Requirements Management and Process Development & Implementation.
My domain experience has mainly been in Retail and Industry projects.
Briefly speaking, I am currently working at IBM India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore as Program Manager (Transformations / Geo Expansion) to the Vice President of IBM General Business (GB), India/South Asia. GB is the fastest growing segment of IBM India. As part of the Strategic Initiatives program, I help in strategizing the way to go based on the needs of the end-customer and demands of the market. A crucial part of the Strategic Initiatives is to increase IBM footprint into the inner areas of India, namely Geo-Expansion.
To excel in all aspects of
? Business Analysis, Business Development & Client Relationship Management
? Program & Project Management
? Process Definition & Implementation Activities
University / Institute
Year of Passing
Currently studying to take PgMP Certification exam
Project Management Institute, USA
Masters’ (Graduate) Courses in Computer Science:
- Software Engineering (I, II, Advanced)
- Special Topics (OOPD - Smalltalk)
- Operating System Design
- Computer Systems Organization
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), USA
MBA (Computer Systems & Training)
Madurai Kamaraj University
University of Mumbai (Bombay)
Computer Systems Management
IBM India Pvt. Ltd., (Program Manager to the Vice-President GB, ISA) 03/2008 till date
My role as Program Manager – Transformations / Geo Expansion is an extension of the VP’s office, it involves:
• Interacting with senior leaders
• Working with the strategy team to arrive at the correct strategy for Geo Expansion
• Creating integrated management system across brands
• Re-organising and transforming team processes as required
• Handling management of the various projects and programs
• Implementing LEAN processes within the team
• Managing the program risks by identifying and surfacing them and ensuring that they have mitigation plans
• Working closely with subject matter experts and managing expectations
• Facilitating the smooth conduct of programs by removing roadblocks and proper coordination
• Setting up effective meetings and communicating clearly and precisely with stakeholders
• Making presentations / recommendations to the senior members in the group
LogicaCMG Pvt. Ltd. (Business Manager – Global Service Delivery) 09/2004 till 12/2007
My profile as Business Manager included the following:
• Business Development and Sales Support activities
• Client Relationship Management
• Account planning & propositions
• Participate in the Change Management program
? Identify the current needs
? Make suitable propositions
• Business Analysis & Due Diligence for new opportunities
• Process Improvement activities
• Work on various bids released by clients
? Have worked on bids/proposals ranging in value of £250K to £200M
? Review the solution design, work closely with the technical design team to create the mosted suited solution
? Attend yellow-pad and red-pad sessions with the client, provide agreed inputs with the client
? Identifying areas that can be offshored and working with clients/other bid members to arrive at an agreed mix
? Discussing and devising offshoring and transition plans
? Agree on the various aspects of contracts and SLAs
• Participate in programme/project related activities
? Project planning activities
? Change and transformation plans
? Project Transition and Coordination activities
? Resource planning and placement
? Risk/Issue Management
• Handle internal BD tools development programme
? Work as Programme Manager / Business Analyst for BD tool development
? Responsible for automation and implementation of BD processes
? Act as Functional and Process expert
• Handle client visits
• Consultant to the BD Knowledge Management programme
• Internal Auditing (part of Certified Internal Auditors team)
• Internal Staff Training (general group inductions, requirements/business analysis, soft skills)
• Staff Management (mentoring)
Clients in: UK, Netherlands, Belgium and USA bid/project sizes ranging in value of £2m to £150m
Satyam Computer Services Ltd. (Program Manager – PMO Member) 09/2002 till 09/2004
Worked as Program Manager for Hewlett Packard (HP), Bangalore from June, 2004 till September, 2004
As a Program Manager and Business Analyst, my role and responsibilities included:
• Identifying future business prospects and analyzing requirements
• Working with technical resources for selling potential engagements
• Client/account management by interfacing with senior level client managers and establishing rapport
• Working towards complete/consistent customer satisfaction
• Manage budgets of the overall program & review project budgets to effectively handle cost/expense bloating
• Business analysis for various requirements
• Work with the solution team to design suitable solutions and plans for implementation
• Identifying/Interviewing candidates for various roles in projects
• Maintaining rapport with team members assigned to customer projects and handling conflicts/concerns
• Identifying and analyzing the training needs of the candidates with respect to projects and arrange for the same
• Carrying out project audits and identifying defects/bugs
• Identifying risks/issues and working with management to resolve them
• Defining processes/templates for reporting
Placed at Microsoft Corporation (CDDG – Content Design & Development Group) through Satyam Computer Services, USA from August 2003 till February 2004 – Onsite Program Manager
I was transferred to the US office of Satyam Computer Services Ltd. To work on a program with Microsoft Corporation.
My role as a Program Manager and Business Analyst included:
• All the activities mentioned in the roles as Program Manager for HP
• In brief that would be; analyzing and evaluating business / computer systems and handling requirement conflicts (if any), defining the project scope & providing inputs for tailoring the process if required
• Representing and prioritizing the business requirements in the project
• Requirements managements – maintaining customer requirements scope/status, handling changes and evaluating them
• Identifying future project prospects with Microsoft
Satyam Computer Services Ltd., Chennai from 09/2002 – 08/2003 as
Business Analyst/Program Manager
My role as a Business Analyst involved:
• Analyzing and evaluating business / computer systems and handling requirement conflicts (if any)
• Defining the project scope & providing inputs for tailoring the process if required
• Representing and prioritizing business needs & requirements in the project
• Maintaining the status of customer requirements, handling changes and evaluating them
• Actively participate in the testing process, conducting functional and usability tests from time to time and in regression and ad hoc testing.
• Projects portfolio includes: Warehouse Management Systems development, Online Retail System development, etc.
As a Program Manager, my profile included:
• Continuous client interaction and maintaining good relations with the carious stakeholders
• Acting as the internal customer to the project members enabling them to clarify on a daily basis the various doubts and clear conflicts.
Apart from the various activities mentioned for the above projects/programs; I also participated in preparing proposals for prospective clients. Being a certified Internal Quality Auditor, I audited projects to ensure compliance with the implementation process and participated in process improvement activities.
Tata Infotech Ltd (Marketing & Business Development) 08/2000 – 05/2001
As a part of the Education division, my role as a business developer involved acquiring clients and new business for the organization, preparing proposals & maintaining customer relationships. I handled major accounts and was instrumental in developing new business processes resulting in significant achievements in revenue generation.
Worked on deals ranging from INR250000 to INR 2Crores.
My role as a business analyst involved training-needs analysis, custom-content development, infrastructure setup and implementation of training programs.
Kaashyap Radiant Systems Ltd (Business Development) 01/2000 – 07/2000
The company focused on eCommerce training & software development. As a business developer, I assisted in various center setup activities for the training division.
As a business analyst, I was involved in requirement analysis & scoping projects. I contributed significantly to the development of internal processes for software development.
Projects portfolio included working on online eCommerce website, online retail store, internal software for logistics company, etc. I achieved more than 100% of the target in the first 2 quarters of joining the organisation and was recognized for the same.
Shah Telecom (Sales & Marketing) 06/1996 – 12/1999
The firm operated as a distributor for cellular phones and I joined the organization as a Senior Sales executive and rose to the position of Manager - sales & marketing.
In my tenure here and other various associate-firms, I played different revenue-target oriented roles. As a senior executive, I was involved with direct sales activities. Moving up the organizational ladder, my role involved acquiring new dealers, setting up a dealer network, and tracking their performance. I also setup the Direct sales & the After-sales teams, trained them and monitored team-targets.
In 1997, we decided to computerize certain functions of the firm. I helped design automation/computerization of business processes like leads entry and follow-up of various leads and computerization of accounts.
The firm ventured into software activities in 1998 and I was also involved in business generation activities for the same. I participated in requirement analysis & functional testing of applications.
Operating Systems MS DOS, Win9x / 2K / XP
Languages UML, Basic Java, JScript, VisualWorks Smalltalk
Databases MS-SQL (awareness), MS-Access
Case Tools Resource Standard Metrics (RSM) 6.10
Web Related HTML, Visual Interdev 6.0
Development Methodologies MSF, RUP, XP
Tools & Utilities MS-Office, MS Project, VSS, Visio, SUnit, SmallLint, Lotus Notes
Title Organized by Duration
LEAN Training IBM India Pvt Ltd 4 Days
Advanced Negotiation Skills
Leadership Development Programme – People Wise Mentor Learning for LogicaCMG Pvt. Ltd. 1 Day
PCMM Training KPMG for LogicaCMG Pvt. Ltd. 2 Days
IQA (Internal Quality Auditor) Training LogicaCMG Pvt. Ltd. 2 Days
Initial training for PMP Certification by PMI - REP Satyam Computer Services Ltd. 40 hours
IQA (Internal Quality Auditor) Certification Training 3 Days
Software Project / People Management; Business and Needs Analysis; UML Training
ISO 9001 / CMM Awareness & Quality Procedures Tata Infotech Ltd. 18 Days
Name Ms. Kavita Thanky
Date of Birth 07th January 1975
Passport Valid Upto 22/Jun/2010
Visa Details R-B1/B2 – USA Valid Up to: Jul/2016 (10 years)
B-Visa – Australia Expired: May/2010
Contact Details India Cell phone: +91 (0) 98802 10830
Email ID: email@example.com
References URL: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kavitathanky