Creative Lead, Marketing Manager
Ransom Canyon, TX 79366
My goal is to provide exceptional direction to expert graphic design and/or web design team in order to deliver top-tier marketing services to any needful clientele. Utilizing my education in design communications, my nine-plus years of graphic design, and 3 years of management experience, I will provide professional and relevant graphic design and art direction solutions for your organization.
Marketing Manager/Graphic Designer
Texas Tech University - eLearning & Academic Partnerships Marketing & Communications - Lubbock, TX
March 2019 to Present
The Texas Tech eLearning Marketing & Communications team supports 5 university units: Worldwide eLearning, TTU K-12, Texas Tech Regional sites, Academic Agreements, Continuing & Professional education and, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI).
The marketing management responsibilities for these units is divided amongst 4 Section Managers. I manage the marketing efforts for Worldwide eLearning, Academic Agreements and, Continuing & Professional Education.
• Active management and control of brand/identity assets.
• Working with unit/office directors to strategize, develop and implement a marketing plans.
• Act as point-of-contact between directors in my section and the marketing team.
• Managing the websites for units in my section.
• Planning and managing social media communications for my section.
• Helping plan marketing needs for live events.
• Process incoming marketing requests for my section.
• Directly supervising the creative team that works on our projects.
• Assessing project analytics and reporting the performance of advertisements and landing pages.
• Inspect outgoing work for all 4 sections to ensure adherence to Texas Tech Identity Guidelines standards.
• Graphic design - Our Marketing & Communications team has one(1) dedicated Graphic Artist/Designer and one(1) dedicated Web Developer for all four sections. Because of this, I also operate as a Graphic Designer on many projects for all sections.
• Web Design/Development - As stated above, our team only has one dedicated Web Developer. Because of this, I also operate as a Web Designer/Developer on projects requiring a web component (landing page, etc.)
• Proofreading copy
Assistant Marketing Director
Texas Tech University eLearning & Academic Partnerships - Lubbock, TX
August 2017 to March 2019
Along with my concurrent graphic design duties, I am also responsible for the creative directorship of a team of 2 graphic designers/web developers. I also maintain project management for a marketing team of 10.
Senior Editor - Graphic Designer
Texas Tech University - Worldwide eLearning - Lubbock, TX
June 2016 to August 2017
I handle graphic design needs for TTU department of Worldwide eLearning, as well as Texas Tech University Independent School District. This includes print and digital assets for use as advertisement, identity collateral, and social media collateral. My projects range across several different media formats. Posters, postcards, brochures, e-Newsletters, and newspaper ads are all everyday projects for my position.
Marketing, Multi-Media Designer
McClinton Energy Group
March 2012 to June 2016
Develop technical illustrations, catalog artwork, and layout for sales quotes, presentations, brochures, and other marketing materials. Maintain company website. Document generation. Light video production.
Stephen Joseph, Inc
September 2009 to April 2010
I operated a 16-color automatic screen printing press. This included managing a team of four (including myself), doing quality control of the product that came off the press (ensuring color continuity, print quality/placement), and doing general maintenance on the press (checking registration defaults, cleaning each station, cleaning each pallon of tack). I was also responsible, from to time, for mixing plasticine inks to match colors according to PANTONE specifications.
Junior Web Designer
April 2002 to August 2005
I was responsible for designing website layouts and design elements for local organizations. I used web programming languages to code the website structure, as well as back end data processing programs to ensure proper data flow and database management.
A.A.S in Design and Visual Communications
South Plains College
2010 to 2011
M.A. in German Studies
Texas Tech Graduate School - Tech, Texas, US
2006 to 2008
B.A. in English Literature
Texas Tech University - Tech, Texas, US
2002 to 2005
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, After Effects) (10+ years)
• Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) (10+ years)
• Web Design (8 years)
• Graphic Design (10+ years)
• Web Development (8 years)
• Facebook Ads (2 years)
• Video Production
• Adobe Premiere
• Layout Design (8 years)
• Proofreading (10+ years)
Certifications and Licenses
Texas Tech University Leadership Series
October 2017 to Present
The Leadership Series is designed to provide Texas Tech University leaders (those overseeing the performance of others) with information, resources, and expertise to meet the challenges of leading a team of employees in a rapidly growing, academically challenging, research-focused university.
The series is comprised of three modules, each designed to meet a specific challenge facing leaders within today's work environment.
3. Performance Management
Certificate of Completion from Lynda.com - Project Management Simplified
December 2017 to Present
Outlines twelve steps to managing projects without creating a lot of extra overhead, and shows how to use traditional PM tools—such as Gantt charts and network diagrams—to help manage a workload. Endorsed by Project Management Institute, Inc.
Defining project scope
Deciding how to list tasks
Estimating costs and time
Planning for risk
Staying on budget