Stephen Geoffrey Lane 866 Lakeshore Road
Phone: (519) 330-5314
To benefit a progressive organization that will utilize my considerable experience and skill sets in marketing, communications and public relations and continue my track record as a proven success-oriented individual.
Career Achievements to date:
• Extensive management experience within the Alberta Tourism industry
• Over ten years as a media executive winning multiple awards in retail and industrial video production, documentaries and international awards in promotion.
• Creating and executing brand images for two top ten television markets, one resulting in an Alberta Emerald Award for Environmental Excellence
• Writing and producing newsletters, annual reports, brochures, media releases plus published newspaper and magazine articles
• Certified in Crisis Communications and Customer Service training
• Extensive media relations experience
• Managerial experience in both the private and public sectors
• Planning, administration and participation in hundreds of workshops and trade shows
Four years specialized Honours BA, University of Guelph. Major: History, Minor: Zoology
Partner, affinities consulting group ltd..
June 2008 – Present. Preparing and offering training courses to various organizations, municipalities and First Nations Reserves on customer service, employment training and video production.
Managing Director, Alberta North Tourism Destination Region, Travel Alberta
May 2007 - May 2008. Responsibilities included:
• overseeing the distribution of cooperative marketing funding with tourism consortia throughout the region
• Coordinating multi-media destination marketing campaign
• Writing and design of visitor guides
Regional Marketing Manager, Travel Alberta
July 2004- May 2007
Duties include providing consultative and educational input into marketing plans and campaigns for tourism consortia, municipalities and individual operators throughout central Alberta. Facilitated Workshops on:
• Marketing Plan development
• Media relations
• Market segmentation, psychographics, positioning
• Partnership and Packaging
• Media mix
• Customer Service
Economic Development Officer, Town of Slave Lake, Municipal District of Lesser Slave River
June 2001 – July 2004
Primarily responsible for the administration, marketing and partnership-building of business development within the region.
• Web site and marketing material development
• Consultation on business and marketing plans
• Image building and public relations
Executive Director, Big Lake Country Tourism Association, Slave Lake, Alberta
1994 – 2001
Year round administration and marketing of Destination Marketing Organization
• Media buying
• Video production
• Special Event Coordination
• Newsletter and brochure production
From 1983-1994, worked in the capacities of Writer/Producer, Promotion Supervisor and Promotion Manager for two television stations – CFPL in London, Ontario and CFRN in Edmonton, Alberta. Prior to that, as Community Relations Coordinator for the Ausable Bayfield and Upper Thames River Conservation Authorities, Ministry of Natural Resources, Ontario.
• Past Chair, Alberta North Tourism Destination Region
• Past President, Slave Lake and District Chamber of Commerce
• Past member of the Radio and Television Advisory Board – NAIT
• Past member of Board of Directors – Alberta S.P.C.A.
• Past member of the P.R. and Advertising Advisory Board – Grant MacEwan Community College
• Former Chairman – City of London Advisory Committee on the Environment
• Former member of Economic Development Association of Canada