Multifaceted marketing and design professional with 15 progressive years of strategic experience, currently serving as Director of Marketing for multiple outdoor recreational businesses.
Capable of developing, designing, implementing and tracking complete marketing programs from start to finish while balancing multiple management needs and objectives. Successful in the creation and execution of various creative programs as well as providing direction and support to team members, media associates and various industry partners.
Director of Marketing and Creative
Purity Spring Resort and five sister companies May, 2006 – Present
Develops and implements all marketing and creative programs, including promotional campaigns, print collateral, trade-show promotions, email communications and web initiatives.
· Manages development, design and production of all graphic and communication materials, including but not limited to brochures, magazines, E-newsletters, and advertising collateral for print, broadcast and internet projects..
· Manages customer mail and e-mail database plus the coordination and production of print, web and e-mail promotions.
· Directs development, continued innovation and content maintenance of 5 company websites plus their social media marketing campaigns and promotions.
· Develops, coordinates and produces numerous photo-shoots for use in company print and online web collateral. Maintains and color corrects vast photo library.
· Communicates and collaborates with other departments to set goals and to identify and respond to new business needs.
· Creates marketing partnerships with regional vendors and retail outlets for the successful promotion of company events.
Creative Director, Owner
Creativedge Design & Marketing August, 2004 - May, 2006
Owner of marketing firm focused on regional sport and recreation companies, providing marketing solutions and brand identity development using cutting-edge design skills and efficient production of print and web collateral.
· Management and development of brand strategies and advertising solutions for ski resorts, retail and sporting goods companies, and lodging companies.
· Direct creation of web, media and print collateral within various marketing budgets.
· Focused on small retail companies with limited budgets to create simple but productive branding and promotional strategies.
Creative & Web Director
Attitash Bear Peak, American Skiing Company May, 1998 - August, 2004
Managed and integrated various creative strategies using multiple platforms; ranging from web, magazine and media advertising to trade show and billboard production.
· Designed, edited and produced 1, 2, & 4-color multi-page brochures, magazines, promotional and event media, advertising campaigns, logo development and web production.
· Coordinated various team and individual efforts involving partnership/event marketing, from conception through to final product.
· Reorganized and streamlined art department including photography archive system.
15+ years daily experience with Microsoft Office software and Adobe Creative Suite including high proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Bridge in both OS and Windows.
Wentworth Institute of Technology - Boston, MA
Focus on Architectural Engineering & Design
Northern Essex Technical College - Haverhill, MA
Marketing & Communications/Graphic Arts - Associates Degree
Essex Ag. and Technical College - Danvers, MA
Horticulture/Floriculture - Associates Degree
University of Lowell - Lowell, MA
Web Graphics – Certificate
Adult Education Instructor - 2003-present: Photoshop I + II
Adult Education Instructor - 2005-2007: Adobe Illustrator I and Intro to Digital Photography
Serving on the board of directors fro Friends of Tuckerman Ravine
Serving on the Ski NH Environmental Committee
Former President of Whispering Pines Home Owners Association, Conway, NH
Former Editor/Producer/Designer - Mercury Cougar Club's national quarterly magazine
Hobbies and Interests:
Photography, gardening, landscaping, Alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, Skate skiing, Telemark skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, mountain biking, road biking, fresh-water spin and fly fishing, automotive collecting and restoration.