Having an academic background in Fine Arts and Design Management puts me in a good position to move towards a career in the commercial side of illustration as well as interior design. I believe I could use my strong sketching skills and creative approach towards design as well as my team work experience to contribute to the success of my future employer.
- Teamwork – While at the university I was working on a large interior and product design
projects which gave me the opportunity to develop my team work abilities, as well to learn
about the importance of good communication and organization skills.
- Leadership – While at the university, I had the opportunity to manage a group of five students in a successful design project working on a furniture design for annual design exhibition in Milano, equipping me with sufficient management and leadership attributes. I have the character and vision to motivate and lead a team towards success.
- Flexibility – A positive, self- motivated and a quick learner who is always prepared to take on
new challenges which I see as key to my professional and personal development. Working in a team on Tinkoff Restaurant Interior Design Project (Moscow, Russia) helped me to develop a broad range of skills and knowledge and communicate well with other team members and local departments.
Junior Interior Designer
BHSAD, Russia, Moscow
Interior Design Project for Tinkoff Beverage Company,
Moscow, Russia Dec 2008 – Jan 2009
Working on the interior decoration project for Russian beverage restaurant Tinkoff helped me develop my communication and analytical skills as much as my creativity and “out of the box” way of thinking. My responsibilities included conceptual design research, design ideas development, sketching and final design ideas’ visualization. I was also preparing reports and making presentations to senior management.
BHSAD, Russia, Moscow
Furniture Company “Fabrica 8 Marta”, Moscow, Russia March 2009 – April 2009
Working in a team on a conceptual design project for Russian furniture company “Fabrica 8 Marta” and presenting the final outcome on the annual Milano exhibition helped to develop not only my design, interpersonal and team working skills, but also provided me an opportunity to work under pressure and
strengthened my organizational skills.
Planner M, Moscow, Russia
Official leaflets design for construction company CJSC INTECO
Moscow, Russia Aug 2010 – Sep 2010
Working on the company official leaflets design provided me an opportunity to practice not only my graphical skills and creativity, but also strengthened my ability to work under pressure.
University of Hertfordshire, UK
Assistant lecturer on the course of Interior & Spatial Design, UH, Hatfield, UK Oct 2010 – present
The current role involves a lot of technical and free hand sketching work which serves as an aid for different levels of students. This valuable experience has contributed to develop my different personality attributes such as communication skills, team work, time management and working under deadlines.
Education & Qualifications
- 2003: Fine Arts School, Moscow, Russia
- 2009: Interior and Spatial Design, British Higher School of Art and Design (BHSAD), Moscow, Russia
- 2010: Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts in Interior and Spatial Design, University of Hertfordshire (UH), Hatfield, UK
- 2003: Graduate Diploma of Education. First Class Honors, Fine Arts School, Moscow, Russia
- 2008: Annual Milano Design Exhibition participant, Milano, Italy
- 2010: Bachelor of Arts. First Class Honors, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK
? Computer Skills: AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver,
- Language Skills: English (fluent), Russian (native), Armenian (fluent)
- Other Skills: Excellent creativity in design & illustration. Excellent freehand sketching ability.
- Enjoy socializing with friends and family and like to cook and travel
- Have a keen interest in sports