aiMatch, Raleigh, NC
Marketing Consultant, July 2011 - present
• Writing and marketing consultant for comprehensive ad serving and data management company with an intelligent ad delivery platform designed to help digital publishers manage inventory and maximize yield across all sales channels. Projects include development of articles, blog postings, website landing pages, press releases, business presentations and customer satisfaction surveys.
Underwriters Laboratories (UL), Research Triangle Park, NC
Business Development & Strategic Planning Manager, US East Division (Staff Business Analyst), 2003-2005
• Member of Management Team for US East Division of not-for-profit product compliance public safety company. Served as a member of a 12-person Strategy Team charged with researching and developing optimum plan for consolidation of two East Coast Divisions, with combined annual revenues of $75 million and 800 employees.
• Crafted change-management communication pieces to the staff on behalf of General Manager covering topics such as impending layoffs, restructuring, management change process, and recent success stories. Developed marketing collateral for business development pieces. Collaborated with Web Development staff on development of Division intranet.
• Developed yearly goals, strategic and tactical plans. Monitor, track and communicate progress towards achievement throughout the year. Developed Mission & Vision Statement.
Coordinated Quarterly Operations Reviews to CEO and Senior Management. Presented Division Business Performance, Business Development and Strategic Planning Initiatives. Developed innovative presentation and materials that were replicated by other Divisions.
• Member of safety outreach planning team responsible for generating over 18 million impressions in 2003 through “Consumer Product Safety Month” and Hispanic Outreach activities.
• Selected by Top Management Team from company-wide, global pool of 6,000 candidates as a “High Potential” employee. The 70 employees selected are considered by senior management to have the greatest potential to shape and lead the company into the future.
• Served as Acting Finance Manager for six months during search for new Manager. Managed development of $31.5 million budget and two forecasting processes.
Georges Direct / Adelante Hispanic Marketing, Raleigh, NC
Account Supervisor / Business Development Manager, 2002-2003
• Provided marketing, business development and account management for full-service advertising agency specializing in direct marketing to U.S. Hispanics.
• Provided strategic counsel to clients on messaging, product launches and competitive issues relevant to the Hispanic market.
• Supervised all aspects of Spanish-language direct marketing campaign “Primera Ventaja,” including DRTV, lead generation direct mail, fulfillment and product cross-sell.
• Managed the creation of bylined articles, press releases and media alerts and other public relations efforts.
• Drove new business recruitment and pitches.
• Supervised Account Assistant.
Management Research & Planning Corp., Raleigh, NC
Focus Group Director / Business Development Manager, 2001
• Managed all marketing, new business development and sales for the Focus Group Division of full-service integrated market planning, research communications firm. Wrote all proposals and directed all aspects of client projects. Developed and implemented Division business and marketing plan, strategic advertising campaign and created target prospect list. Supervised department staff of three.
Malchow Adams & Hussey, Inc., Washington, DC
Vice President of Administration, 1995-1998
Director of Administration, 1990-1995
• Member of management team, determining corporate vision, mission, marketing, operational and financial goals of direct marketing consulting firm. Developed company messaging, profitability and staffing retention strategies.
• Directed Administration/Human Resources, Information Systems, R&D, Graphic Art and Accounting teams (staff of seven).
• Created in-house profit center providing graphic art design services for marketing packages.
• Assisted the Director of MIS in hardware/software purchases and network system upgrades, and Director of R&D in programming and development, streamlining internal processes. Directed acquisition of all capital expenditures.
• Supervised day-to-day functions of the Accounting Department. Prepared client contracts, supervised collections, monitored line of credit, performed monthly analysis of actual vs. budget figures, participated in yearly budget development, and analyzed client profitability.
• Assisted in negotiating $1.71 million office lease. Supervised and managed design and construction process totaling 15,000 sq. ft. Coordinated all aspects of office move resulting in no down time for staff. Negotiated lease agreement and set up satellite office in San Francisco.
• Formulated and implemented personnel policies, job descriptions and evaluation system. Directed employee benefit programs. Designed training program for first-time supervisors. Participated in all hires.
• Planned numerous corporate marketing initiatives, including new business development and company branding events. Designed yearly holiday card mailing. Organized yearly, off-site staff and management retreats and professional development training programs.
The November Group, Inc., Washington, DC
Operations/Administrative Consultant, 1990-1997
• Directed operational and administrative functions of political consulting firm sharing the same facilities as Malchow Adams & Hussey. Negotiated short-term leases for election year expansion, developed action plans to facilitate growth of 50+ contract employees.
Thunderbird School of Global Management
Master of Business Administration (MBA), International Management (Member, Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society), Glendale, AZ
Universidad de La Habana
Certification, Advanced Business Language Study Abroad Program, Havana, Cuba
Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara
Certification, Thunderbird Overseas Program, Guadalajara, Mexico
Bachelor of Arts in English, Atlanta, GA
Comprehensively Trained Pilates Instructor, Balanced Body