• Proven expertise improving business processes and communication by objectively designing, developing and deploying information systems on all levels
• Comprehensive understanding of technology and ability to abstract business needs and requirements into information systems
• Experience leading and guiding teams as well as working on projects individually
Databases: MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS-Access, AS/400 DB2, ODBC
Platforms: Windows, Linux, UNIX, OS/400
Graphics: Flash, Photoshop, Premier, AfterEffects, OCR/Scanning
Retail Technology: Scanning equipment, wireless POS systems, inventory control, distribution systems, supply chain management, wireless receiving systems, warehousing, kiosk systems, forecasting, labor tracking, Electronic Data Interchange, membership systems.
Methodologies and Processes: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Entity Relationship Diagramming (ERD), System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Joint Application Development (JAD), Object Oriented software and process design (OOD), Requirements Analysis/Documentation, Software Architecture and Design Documentation, User Interface Design, Business Process Re-Engineering and Improvement (BPR/BPI) techniques, Balanced Scorecard methodologies.
Communication and Interpersonal: Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and ability to communicate in Spanish on technical and business levels. Uniquely qualified to facilitate communication between business and technical functional areas. Analytical problem solving techniques. Ability to build teams, motivate and find creative solutions to complex problems.
• Architected and developed an interactive system for a national hospital group, providing registration, procedure information, discharge instructions and video on demand services to patients over the in-room television.
• Successfully architected and implemented corporate intranets for various companies with 1000+ employees that included the analysis of the information in the various business units and organization of the content into global enterprise taxonomies.
• Developed and implemented system workflows to manage business processes for an international company that included process tracking, task management and notification that enabled to company to meet its regulatory requirements.
• Architected and implemented an order processing and workflow management system for an international ISP that managed the entire order/customer lifecycle.
• Designed and implemented a comprehensive scheduling application for a leading wireless service provider that accommodated their need to manage the customer equipment installation process and developed and provided training materials to the company across the nation.
• Architected and designed a loan management system that provided for loan pool acquisition, investor management, customer billing and foreclosure.
• Successfully implemented deployments of corporate intranets across various business units.
• Led team responsible for migrating and converting inventory system data during a corporate merger.
• Managed recurring POS upgrades and deployment for 100+ warehouses. Configured/implemented inventory and POS system.
• Planned and coordinated system conversions and database upgrades for numerous companies.
• Initiated, planned, and executed projects to implement scanning and barcode system.
• Effectively assembled and managed teams to handle corporate operations, support systems, product development, customer fulfillment, and software engineering.
• Established rapport with various business units by conducting interviews and meetings that facilitated and clarified their objectives and requirements.
• Worked with president and management teams to successfully launch and fulfill new products and services.
• Profitably directed and supervised media production and web site development groups.
• Produced budgets and detailed costing analyses for systems and processes for large corporations.
• Developed and implemented corporate training programs.
• Collaborated with corporate executives to facilitate business process reengineering.
• Implemented Balanced Scorecard methodologies and created executive information systems (EIS).
• Analyzed and automated processes. Created various corporate training programs and courses.
• Produced process and work flow diagrams and requirements and architecture documents for companies.
8/10 – Current
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT YORBA LINDA • CA
Professional Consulting Firm
Title: Independent Consultant
Recent projects include:
• Implementing and maintaining SharePoint as well as developing enhancements for a terminal in the Port of Long Beach
• Maintaining SharePoint and system enhancements as well as PHP/MySQL solutions for a Boeing vendor
• Designing and Implementing a PHP/MySQL web framework for a startup marketing company
3/09 – 7/10
TECHNISOURCE - CAREFUSION YORBA LINDA/SAN DIEGO • CA
Professional Consulting Firm
Title: SharePoint Consultant
Implemented SharePoint 2007 for CareFusion as they were splitting from Cardinal Health. Worked with corporate marketing and communications department to develop a plan that would facilitate the migration of content and users from the existing intranet system into the SharePoint environment. Designed and developed master pages and page layouts as well as style sheets to accommodate the requirements. Assembled and trained a team of 4 people to assist with the content migration of thousands of pages and documents. Developed custom solutions to meet the needs of various business units. Conducted remote training sessions for approximately 60 individual business units and their personnel on the usage of SharePoint.
5/07 – 1/09
VLSYSTEMS IRVINE • CA
Professional Consulting Firm
Title: Senior Software Consultant
Worked with various clients to establish their goals and objectives for implementing systems to meet their corporate objectives. Developed information architecture plans for implementing corporate intranets that included Microsoft SharePoint 2007. Worked with individual business units and stakeholders to establish security and content management requirements and architected systems to accommodate their needs. Developed system processes and workflows that supported business unit objectives. Provided branding and graphical treatment of system applications using existing and new specifications. Worked with business units and facilitated the content development and deployment into the system framework. Designed and conducted end-user and administrator training programs for companies to facilitate a successful launch of their information systems. Developed governance strategies and information management plans for companies that supported their intranet deployment. Established disaster recovery models and systems to support the intranet systems.
6/06 – 4/07
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT YORBA LINDA • CA
Independent Business Consultant
Title: Business Consultant
Implemented business systems for clients, including: end-to-end development of web sites, accounting systems, mail and collaboration systems. Designed and architected web based video distribution and tracking systems. Provided on-going support to business infrastructures.
5/05 – 5/06
OLD CANAL FINANCIAL YORBA LINDA • CA
Loan Servicing and Collection
Title: Vice President of Information Technology
Developed the information technology department and created the budgets and strategies that would enable the corporate objectives to be met. Initially, the focus of the project was to audit and publish investor reports, as the existing system allowed for corporate data to be misinterpreted. I worked with the investor community to gather requirements, and facilitated the publication of valid, audited data for the corporation. Once the existing data was understood, and a process developed to render information in real-time, the team began to focus on the development of the next generation system that would track investments and the return as well as the loan servicing and collections cycle. Microsoft Project Server and SharePoint were deployed to accommodate team and inter-department communication. Service Oriented Architecture implemented via .Net Web services and other XML based request/responses methodologies were used to standardize the data flow between the different systems and business units. Additionally, my team selected and deployed an enterprise level accounting packaged to handle the corporate financial requirements and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
9/04 – 4/05
ENCORE CREDIT IRVINE • CA
Loan Origination and Servicing
Title: Sr. Programming Supervisor
Assembled and lead a technical team of twenty people charged with the development of a loan origination and servicing system using .NET technologies that would replace the existing systems. Created an architecture and deployment plan and facilitated the inter-department communication between the business units and the technical teams. Educated the business analyst group and database administration group on the new design methodologies, and helped set parameters for the continued specification of the new information system. The first phase of the deployment was an appraisal management system, designed to facilitate the tracking and workflows of appraisals ordered on loan applications. Additionally, my team was developing a broker management solution as well as marketing programs that included both programmatic and graphical consideration. In addition to the technology infrastructure we were creating, I initiated and deployed Microsoft Project Server and worked with the project management group to deploy and use the system to track the projects that were underway.
6/01 – 8/04
ELLIPSIS, INC. ALISO VIEJO • CA
Marketing Solutions Provider for Mortgage Brokers and Realtors
Title: Vice President of Engineering and Operations
Ellipsis, Inc. provides web sites and marketing services to their customer base. With such services being offered, I was in charge of, and responsible for all the aspects of the IT infrastructure and operations of the company. This included the management of the product development group, customer fulfillment and support teams, programming team, media production, web site development and production groups. To facilitate the growth if the company, I assembled and managed a very strong team of people to handle the day to day operations, as well as the corporate support systems, and product development. Bimonthly, I was also in charge of the production of professional video shoots. This task included coordinating vendor relationships and hiring the video crews. When I joined Ellipsis, Inc., the company had approximately 10 customers. After creating, implementing, and enhancing their business processes, I helped the company grow their customer base, grossing approximately $10 million a year.
6/99 – 5/01
EDENET COMMUNICATIONS, INC. PLEASANTON • CA
Interactive Television Service Provider
Title: Senior Software Engineer/Director of Field Operations
Worked with founders during the startup phase of the company to develop a conceptual interactive television system that would provide applications and services to patients in their hospital rooms. Went on to develop a proof-of-concept system enabling the company to generate funding in excess of $20m. Continued to assist in the evolution of the concept, working closely with the CTO to select hardware vendors and developed the application and user interface. Facilitated the content loading process onto the system and deployment of the beta location. Worked with the Chief Operations Officer to coordinate the software deployment of the application as well as content for the system. The system is currently in production in hospitals on the east and west coast. The system provides the patient with hospital information, admission orientation policies for the facility, over 50 different medical videos from a variety of disciplines, as well as the ability to check e-mail and browse the Internet from their bed using a wireless remote.
9/94 – 6/99
NETWORK RESOURCE CENTER (NRC), INC. SACRAMENTO • CA
Technical Consulting Firm
Title: Vice President of Technology
Successfully utilized business process reengineering (BPR) methodologies that helped clients reduce costs and eliminate low value functions. Developed technical solutions for clients including systems integration and architecting/programming. Implemented accounting, order processing, reporting, scheduling and a variety of other systems. Managed and developed team members and personnel. Managed client relationships on all levels.
Selected Client List
VERIO, INC. WALNUT CREEK • CA
NEXTEL COMMUNICATIONS, INC. OAKLAND • CA
INTUIT, INC. SAN DIEGO • CA
GRUPO ELEKTRA, S.A. DE C.V. MEXICO CITY • MEXICO
CAREFUSION SAN DIEGO • CA
LOS ANGELES FAIRPLEX POMONA • CA
WORLDWIDE CLINICAL TRIALS BEVERLY HILLS • CA
ANGELS BASEBALL ANAHEIM • CA
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION ASSOCIATION IRVINE • CA
INPHI CORPORATION WESTLAKE VILLAGE • CA
LOS ANGELES FIREMANS’ CREDIT UNION PASADENA • CA
CARRINGTON MORTGAGE SANTA ANA • CA
WESTCLIFF LABORATORIES SANTA ANA • CA
FINEJETS AVIATION YORBA LINDA • CA
ADEL WIGGINS GROUP LOS ANGELES • CA
LA FITNESS IRVINE • CA
METAGENICS SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO • CA
ORANGE COUNTY SANITATION DISTRICT FOUNTAIN VALLEY • CA
ICU MEDICAL SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO • CA