7714 Rolling Grove Dr E
Lakeland, FL 33810
Strong employment history, demonstrating hard work and dedication. Works well with others, with strong independent work habits. Quick learner and enjoys challenges and learning new things. Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, utilize Access and Lotus Notes databases.
SELF EMPLOYED 2007 – Present
After 28 years with the same company a business decision was made to relocate my to another state. At that time I made a personal decision to find an opportunity that I could find interesting, profitable and would provide a service that people could benefit from. With my background in insurance and interest in photography I decided to start a home inventory business. This has benefited me in several ways such as what is required to start and run a business, a new way to networking with people to build professional relationships and the personal satisfaction and pride in my accomplishments.
Virtual Tours of Central Florida LLC
This grew from my Home Inventory business which expanded the services I could provide to my customers. Virtual Tour Photography is a tool used for property marketing whether it be for sales of a product or marketing a service on the internet.
Home Inventory Specialist of Central Florida LLC
Utilizing Digital Photography and Video I work with customers to compile an inventory of personal property for documentation in the event of a loss or damage or any other reason for customers
peace of mind. Set up business as an LLC with all the necessary state requirements, created website, advertising, joined Lakeland Chamber of Commerce.
Set up business as a sole proprietorship with a fictitious name with all the necessary state requirements. Sales are through local shows, a website www.jostreasures.com, E-bay and other sites for home décor and hand crafted items.
Both of these positions helped grow my passion for photography. I have added photography to several stock photography sites along with my own website and other internet sites to promote and sell my photography. My decision to follow my passions has led me on a path to grow as a person professionally and personally.
TRAVELERS OF FLORIDA/FIRST FLORIDIAN, Tampa, FL 1998 - 2007
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist (2005-2007)
Maintained similar responsibilities of Quality Assurance Specialist. I was promoted to this position in recognition that my responsibilities exceeding the expectations of the Quality Assurance Specialist.
Quality Assurance Specialist (2003-2005)
• Coordinated and oversaw the auditing process of New Business policies issued by agents utilizing an interface system.
• Identified agents and policies requiring an audit and deliver the information to Marketing, Underwriting and Agents.
• Facilitated a quarterly meeting to communicate the results and any training needs identified.
• Audited transactions processed internally by employees in the Underwriting and Processing departments,
• Call monitoring for our customer service department
• Privacy Coordinator - Responded to customers requests for information within our files including insurance score requests.
• Document Retention –Project leader for countrywide initiative to implement consistent record retention schedules across all business units.
• Disaster Plan & Business Continuity – Coordinated the update of the disaster plan and business continuity to ensure all information was current.
• Complaint handling – coordinated complaints received from customers through various channels to ensure they are handled according to our timelines and procedures.
Customer Service (1998-2003)
• Responsible for providing complete and accurate information to customers and appropriate agents while complying with the company guidelines and state requirements.
• Developed and responsible for call monitoring audit to ensure the customer service representatives handled phone calls in compliance with the guidelines and standards set.
AETNA / TRAVELERS, Syracuse, NY 1979 - 1998
Customer Service: Handled calls from customers to make policy changes or answered their questions or agents looking for answers to complicated underwriting questions. This was a new service being developed for the company, I was part of the team to develop the process and procedures.
Underwriter: Evaluated assigned agents book of business, handled daily transactions referred and answered calls from agents along with visiting the agents when warranted.
Associate Underwriter: Similar functions as the underwriter, with limited authority.
Processing Team Manager: Managed eight people in the processing department
Processing: Prepared transactions for input in the processing system.
Safari Input: Typed transactions including New Business and Policy Changes.
Policy Assembly: Attached endorsements to policies to prepare for mailing to the customer.
Prior: Florida 440 license
New York Broker/Agent License