William R. Goes
• Communications with art directors and clients
• Maximize usage of available and existing resources
• Digital Raw Processing using Photoshop, Capture One, Nikon, and Canon Capture Software
• High resolution digital capture of food, products, people, and architecture
• International location work in many hazardous conditions and different locations
• Aerial and underwater photography
• Lighting techniques specialist proficient with studio strobes, flicker free fluorescent, HMI, and incandescent lighting
• Color Management from camera to output
• PhotoShop compositing and special effects
• Digital capture: Phase One and Sinar, digital backs, Canon and Nikon digital cameras
2005 to Present: Goes Photo & Digital Productions – Chicago and Milwaukee
Closely held, full service photography studio with a broad base of customer relationships.
Offering a range of services that include start to finish productions of Photography, QuickTime Virtual Reality (QTVR) and Web Authoring. Expertise consists of high quality digital imaging of food, people, products, and architecture for use in national advertising campaigns, magazines, brochures, catalogs, the Internet, and the authoring of computer media.
• As sole proprietor, responsibilities also include: development of sales and marketing programs; support staffing; bid, quote and close; purchasing; payroll; and accounting.
• Maintain an extensive, on-going relationship with BP after its purchase of Amoco. Other key clients include: Exxon Mobil, Kraft, Quaker Oats, and various Design Firms and Ad agencies.
2004 to Present: Waukesha Technical Community College, Waukesha, WI
Serving Waukesha County and Milwaukee County with one of six programs in the U.S. offering instruction on the Printing Industry
Instructor of Introduction To Digital Photography class. This class trains students from a beginning level of photography to understand how the equipment and techniques of digital image making and PhotoShop manipulation work.
2004 to 2005: Quad Photo, a subsidiary of Quad/Graphics, Inc. – Sussex, Wisconsin
Serving Quad’s catalog and printing customers thru 7 studios and 22 photographers nationally, supplemented by recent initiatives to develop a presence as an advertising project studio.
Recruited to lead the frontline re-positioning and promotion of the photo subsidiary as a full service, photographic alternative for purposes of attracting a broader array of customers and advertising projects. Duties included the development of a marketing plan and tools, as well as customer database management and direct relationship building and solicitation.
• Created marketing plan including: customer targeting; designing/placing ads in leading trade publications; a thorough re-contenting of the Quad Photo website to display the staff’s versatility; and the fashioning of promotional materials and collateral.
• Partnered with photographers to define the firm’s availability of a full range of category specialists. Modernized and upgraded the look and ”feel” of the portfolio packaging.
• Mentored Photographers for personal development and production of product, people, food, and location category images.
• Drove direct solicitation of Exxon Mobil, Hewlett Packard, Friday’s Restaurants, Home Depot and the firm’s introduction to synergistic ad agencies and design firms.
• Photographer as necessary for various clients including a new client brochure for Quad Creative, a strategic communications and public relations subsidiary.
1992-2004: Goes Photography – Chicago, Illinois
Full service photography studio.
A film and digital Photography Studio specializing in reproduction quality images. Expertise consisted of large format film and digital imaging of food, people, products, and architecture for use in national advertising campaigns, magazines, brochures, and catalogs. A prognosticator of QuickTime Virtual Reality for use beyond just selling houses by pioneering it’s application as an aid to architectural design and using the QT object movie format as a form of stop frame animation for computer training.
• Maintained all responsibilities required of a sole proprietor.
• Set up and maintained on-going client database.
• Utilized digital images in a step and repeat process of QTVR to “build” Quizno’s menu offerings into a computer based training system for nationwide distribution.
• Deployed QTVR in the life cycle of architectural and business conceptualization of a new retail gas station/store/restaurant. Photographed concepts starting with tabletop models, life-size prototype models and final operational station with the Mastered CD content sent to 300 consultants/employees for comment and coordination for the World Press release.
1985-1992: Amoco Corporation – Chicago, Illinois
Leading provider of petroleum products across most major distribution channels
Responsible for image making in the studio and on location, accommodating the companies diverse organizational, retail and commercial business needs. Expert in working directly with executives of all levels, both inside and outside the company as well as Public Officials of the highest position from many different countries. By working closely with the Corporate Art Department and/or outside Agencies to develop creative visual concepts, establish quality standards, set budgetary requirements, schedule production, and then supervise to completion, most projects exceeded expectations.
• Imagery appeared in all company publications, including annual report covers, Torch magazine, advertising, brochures, displays, videos, and slide shows.
• Photographer for worldwide coverage of Amoco facilities for the Centennial Celebration, e.g. corporate headquarters, refineries, chemical and fabric plants, research and distribution facilities, drilling platforms, pumping and pipeline stations.
• Won International Television Association award for Best Corporate Video of the Year in 1986 for “Madagascar, The Great Red Island.” detailing Amoco’s oil exploration and integration of its employees into the fabric of this country and its culture.
1985-1986: Columbia College, Chicago, IL
Serving Chicago and surrounding suburbs with the most professionally driven photography education in the State.
Instructor of Video Lighting Class. The class covered from basic location kit to planning large sets with the use of a lighting grid and control board.
Assisted photographers in Chicago: Bill DeBold, Dennis Manarchy, Dave Deahl, John Welzenbach, Jim Polaski, Tim Schultz, Jon Synder, Dennis Dubeil, Nobart Incorporated, and others.
Bachelor of Arts, Commercial Photography – Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
Please view samples at: www.goesphoto.com