RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Canyon Independent School District – Coordinator of Human Resources
July 2005 – December 2007
• Involved in all facets of the staffing process including, but not limited to, job postings, application review, credential review, preliminary interviews, reference checks, background checks, applicant declinations and employment offers.
• Acted as project manager during the implementation of the Winocular online applicant tracking system.
• Redesigned the HR department web pages to better promote employment opportunities.
• Streamlined job requisition and posting process for the district; posted all district vacancies.
• Served as primary contact for candidates inquiring about application process.
• Reviewed applications and determined path in tracking system.
• Checked references via phone, mail, e-mail and fax.
• Verified employee and applicant credentials; verified certification and No Child Left Behind highly qualified status.
• Completed annual No Child Left Behind Highly Qualified Teacher Report for the 2006-2007 school year.
• Participated in seven panel interviews for administrator positions.
• Conducted over 200 preliminary interviews with professional applicants in two and a half years.
• Attended university career fairs as a representative for the district and conducted campus interviews with eligible candidates.
• Reviewed and revised job descriptions for central office employees.
• Conducted substitute teacher conferences to address performance issues and released substitutes from duty as warranted.
• Worked with principals and administrators on a routine basis to fill positions and answer HR related questions.
• Updated internal leave procedures to comply with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and assisted HR Records Administrator in processing leave cases.
• Oversaw and evaluated the work of two clerks.
• Maintained and organized HR records per federal law and state requirements.
• Conducted annual salary and contract audits with HR team and Finance team.
• Worked with technology team to prepare a variety of reports for the HR department.
• Made decisions in the absence of Executive Director of Human Resources.
• Trained staff on No Child Left Behind, staffing procedures, FMLA and other HR department processes.
John J. McMullen Associates – Human Resources Benefits Coordinator
December 2003 - October 2004 Alexandria, VA
• Administered benefits for employees, answered benefit questions and coordinated open enrollment for 600 employees.
• Conducted benefits orientation and new hire orientation.
• Processed and tracked COBRA participants and flexible spending account participants.
• Facilitated employee wellness challenge and service award program.
• Updated employee management system in ADP and worked with accounting to ensure payroll data matched HR records.
• Obtained updated training on HIPAA, FMLA, and FLSA and applied it to practices in HR department.
• Performed basic administrative duties, maintained employee files, documented employee status changes, etc.
U.S. House of Representatives, Office of Human Resources – Human Resources Intern, Human Resources Program Coordinator (temporary assignment);
May 2003 – August 2003; September 2003 – November 2003
• Worked with leadership team to research, develop and implement various strategic initiatives (e.g. recruiting strategies, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation, etc.).
• Assisted three senior HR leaders by preparing reports, conducting research and entering data.
MediaMap, Inc. – Human Resources Generalist
July 2001 - May 2002
• Served as HR liaison for employees, candidates and benefit providers.
• Administered and processed benefits and assisted with the open enrollment process.
• Facilitated orientation programs for new employees.
• Handled recruiting function for temporary and entry-level positions; hired 90 temporary employees in three months.
• Provided HR services to employees affected by company downsizing and an acquisition.
• Experienced in tracking cobra, completing unemployment insurance claims, and signing 401(k) rollovers forms.
• Created detailed instruction manuals on human resources and benefit procedures.
• Used ADP HRIS system on a daily basis to input data, obtain data, run reports and generate payroll for 150 employees.
• Conducted exit interviews.
• Formalized FMLA process and created letter templates for various situations.
• Audited personnel files to ensure compliance in record keeping and retention.
• Assisted Vice President of HR with training sessions and additional projects.
ValueOptions, Inc. – Human Resources Specialist
January 2001 - June 2001
Falls Church, VA
• Served as HR liaison by welcoming visitors to HR department and providing information or forms and answering questions.
• Supported the vice president of HR, two HR managers, recruiting team and compensation team.
• Coordinated employee activities, services and charity programs.
• Organized and facilitated new employee orientation process.
• Used AS400 and Infinium systems to run reports, enter data, and gather information.
• Aided in processing short and long-term disability claims, workman’s compensation claims, and FMLA paperwork.
• Created a human resources procedures manual.
• Processed employee benefits paperwork and answered basic questions.
• Documented employee status changes and communicated changes to appropriate departments.
• Assisted with reviewing resumes, conducting phone screens and participating in interviews for my replacement.
• Conducted employment verifications, maintained files, and processed tuition reimbursements.
Olympia Entertainment – Human Resources Intern
May 2000 - August 2000
• Assisted in organizing and recruiting for multiple job fairs.
• Attended a variety of human resources training seminars including: resume scanning, recruitment and interviewing, ****** harassment, employee disciplinary action, human resource forms and the law, and conflict resolution.
• Created and audited personnel filing system for Olympia Entertainment and Comerica Park.
• Observed and critiqued interviews with Olympia’s recruiter and participated in mock interviews.
• Designed a manual for future interns with detailed descriptions of human resources intern responsibilities at Comerica Park.
Loyola University Chicago
June 2002 – August 2003 Chicago, IL
• M.S. in Human Resources Management; G.P.A. 4.0
• Merit award recipient of tuition scholarship and graduate assistantship
• Human Resource Student Association President
University of Michigan
September 1997 – December 2000 Ann Arbor, MI
• B.A. in Organizational Studies, G.P.A. 3.45/Major 3.65
• Class Honors for Winter and Fall 2000
• University Study Abroad Summer 1999, Florence, Italy
ACTIVITIES, AFFILIATIONS & SKILLS
• Varma, A., Grodzicki, J., Pichler, S., & Kupferer, S. (in press). Expatriate categorization and evaluation: An empirical Investigation in Poland and India. European Journal of International Management.
• Volunteered at the University of Tennessee Career Center conducting mock interviews during Fall 2008 semester.
• Attended professional development workshops related to teacher certification, No Child Left Behind, employment laws, staffing, job descriptions, workers’ compensation, etc.
• Texas Association of School Personnel Administrators member from 2005 – 2007.
• Canyon Independent School District substitute teacher from November 2004 through May 2005.
• Book review publication in Human Resources Management Journal in 2002-2003.
• Society for Human Resource Management member from 2000 – 2011.
• Computer program knowledge: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Lotus Notes, ADP HRIS, and Winocular Prelude.
• Typing speed at 55+ words per minute.