Curriculum Vitae of Sandra G Daniel
• Born in Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal on 23rd September 1955.
• Marital status: Married. I have 3 children, Natasha (37yrs), Joash (34yrs) and Nicola (30yrs).
• I am a highly motivated and priority based individual with a record of creating stable, functional and dynamic standards in the industry.
• Throughout my professional experience I have demonstrated exceptional managerial skills.
• These professional qualities are reinforced with 38 years experience in the Printing & Advertising Industry.
• I have through the line and below the line experience.
• My objective is to work in a challenging, friendly environment where my 38 years of experience in the trade will be bene?cial to both the company and myself.
• I pride myself on my consistent high standard of work and my ability to adapt to any situation.
• I believe that a good team can achieve great heights in the business world and I would love to be a part of that team.
• To apply my current professional experience to a challenging position within a company that strives to be the best in its field. Constantly improve and enhance my current skills and knowledge.
• Work with an innovative team creating and improving the user experience with application interfaces.
• Create a beautiful work code.
• Photra Electronics: DTP Training on Apple Mac Platform
• 3M Commercial Graphics (USA): Training on Large Format Full Colour Graphics Machine.
• AAA School of Advertising: Copywriting Course.
• Write Co: Writers Write Course
• Highly Competent in Creative Suite 5 (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design), Freehand MX, Websend,Chase, Microsoft Office.
• I have excellent communication skills and attention to detail and I work well under pressure.
• I am dedicated, self-motivated and have a natural ability to get along with people.
• I am always willing to learn and believe I have a lot to offer.
• I am an honest person with a high level of integrity.
• One of my strengths has been the manner in which I have always been able to motivate people and obtain the support of my seniors.
• I believe in completing my task undertaken.
• My other attributes are diligence and patience and I love challenges.
• I am a hard-working individual.
Production/Traffic Manager (Large Format Division): Ogilvy Johannesburg – August 2009 – June 2011
• Managed the Large Format division at Ogilvy.
• Trafficking and scheduling of all jobs in the system.
• Ensure that processes were followed correctly and all deadlines were met.
• Liaised with the different departments and clients regarding the status of jobs.
• Cost estimates and opening of job bags in Chase.
• Tracking and reconciliation of costs and quality control for all outgoing jobs.
• Sourcing of suppliers and negotiating of costs.
• I also helped to traffic jobs in the DTP Department.
DTP Operator: Ogilvy Johannesburg – January 2005 – July 2009
• I worked as a meticulous Finished Artist.
• Prepared all jobs for printing and websending (hi-res pdfs or open files and burning to disk).
• Did some retouching and deep-etching.
• Resizing of artwork to correct specifications.
• Made sure that all outgoing work adhered to agency standards and supplier requirements.
DTP /Layout Artist: Concorde Printing – 1999 – 2005
• General DTP work and client liaison.
• My work included designing of business cards, letterheads, ?yers, brochures, certi?cates, manuals, annual reports, forms, magazines, books, corporate packaging, calendars, specialised stationery, exhibition panels, point of sale, menus, banners, t-shirts, labels etc.
• Prepared final artwork for repro.
DTP Studio Manager: Hirt & Carter – 1996-1998
• Based at Game Advertising to run the Design Studio.
• Assisted creatives by finishing jobs before sending to repro.
• Worked on the weekly publication of the Game advertorial.
• Also worked on leaflets and flyers.
• Layout of all Point of Sale material including fire plans for every new game store that opens.
DTP Studio Manager: Colour Generation – 1994-1996
• Worked on the 3M Scotchprint Large Format Printer
• Prepared all the jobs for printing i.e. layout and design of POS material.
• I worked under no supervision – from production to the sourcing of all the materials required for printing.
• I did my own applications onto the various substrates.
DTP/Typesetter: Forms Elite – 1991-1993
• Setting of all computer stationery, letterheads, business cards, annual reports, flyers, calendars, etc.
• Worked under no supervision,
Typesetter: Kohler Carton & Print – 1985-1990
• Worked as a dedicated typesetter.
• Typesetting of the South African Statutes and various law books.
Education: Windsor High School (Ladysmith)/ Interests:
• Subjects Passed: English, Afrikaans, General Science, Domestic Science, Bookkeeping, Typing.
• I love reading and I hope to one day be a published author.