FREELANCE Senior Marketing Communications Writer/Copywriter.
WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU:
• Simplify complex information into words and images that engage and compel the target audience.
• Clarify positioning and brand, refine strategies and develop rationales and creative briefs.
• Synthesize visual and written communication
• Integrate communications across media: direct response, publicity, sales promotion, and interactive.
• Interview, research, annotate
• Win and maintain business with compelling, fresh, strategic concepts and copy
Marketing communications consultant and copywriter for advertising agencies and directly for clients, including Fortune 500 companies. Integrated experience in traditional advertising, interactive, direct response, sales promotion, public relations and editorial tactics. (1996-present)
Conceive self promotion, spec presentations, creative work for ad agencies, often resulting in winning new business.
Help companies brand and rebrand themselves. Write recruitment, newsletters, advertorial, articles, emails, case studies, powerpoints.
• Collaborated in the launch and relaunch of websites for MedQuist, Merck, Health Valley, Classico Sauces and others.
• Write site maps, manuscripts, tablet-PC, and copy for rich media applications .
• Conducted website audit of Crestor website
Concepts and copy for: disease management, health insurance, managed markets government plans, hospital management.
• Disease Areas: Cancer, Cardiovascular, COPD, Mental Illness, Weight loss, Stroke, Immunodeficiency diseases
Consumer, D2P, OTC and Sales Force promotion for: Astra Zeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Johnson & Johnson, MerckEngage, Novartis, Pfizer, Warner-Wellcome, Wyeth-Ayerst, Lederle Pharmaceuticals. Familiar with AMA style.
Advertising copy and public relations.
• Launch and develop technology and software communications.
• Instrumental in developing pcAnywhere, DataViz with AOR.
• Write technical articles, white papers, brochures, press releases and pitches
Direct response, sales promotion and new product launches for:
• Credit Cards, Regional Banking, Mortgage Banking.
PR, advertising and media planning.
• Environmental remediation, public works, privatization
B2B and D2C Direct response, advertising, and sales force materials for
AT&T and other clients.
• Commercial and residential advertising for Port Authority of New York, Helmsley-Spear, Coldwell Banker and other NYC developers
• Managed advertising for a commercial real estate broker
Sales promotion planning and themelines for auto manufacturers and suppliers.
• Award-winning Golden Beetle Dealer billboard.
Advertising and sales promotion
• Minwax, Cook & Dunn, and various retail suppliers.
Sales promotion, cross promotions, sales force events.
• Clients included: Kraft Foods, M&M Mars, Nabisco, Cento, Reynolds Metals, Alpo, Goya, Pepsi, Miller Brewing, Dial, Kimberly-Clark, Campbell’s Soup and Sandwich.
Travel and Leisure:
• National image ad chosen from twelve presented; garnered media coverage for Trump Atlantic City Hotels and Casinos.
VP, PR for American Marketing Association, Philadelphia Chapter (2005-2006)
MOST RECENT PRIOR POSITION:
Medquist Inc., Mt. Laurel, NJ:
Senior Copywriter for world’s largest medical transcription technology and services firm. Working closely with marketing and sales managers and designers, directed creative concepts. Responsible for all promotional writing and brand stewardship. Assisted in launching award-winning website.
School of Visual Arts, New York, NY Advertising Concepts, Art Direction, Illustration continuing education courses.
William Smith College, Geneva, NY
B.A., English in 3 years + 1 semester at Antioch Centre Writing Program, London.