Bloomington, Minnesota email@example.com
Currently, I am a student at Metropolitan State University—I’m a junior, majoring in Professional Writing; I’m seeking employment to pay for my tuition and books and/or an internship. I’m a hard working, dependable and responsible person. I’m looking for an employment which I can gain good experience from and improve my writing skills. I love writing and editing. The majority of classes I've taken so far are writing and editing classes. I'm very detailed oriented.
• Customer Service
• Computer: Ms Office, 55-60 WPM,
• Written and verbal communication: Pursuing BA in writing.
• Bilingual: Somali, English
• Data Entry
Metropolitan State University, Saint Paul, Minnesota
Bachelor of Arts: Professional Writing (anticipated to graduate fall 2012)
San Diego Community college
Associates Degree: General Education
Volunteer / Community Service
community initiatives for children (CIC) volunteer, Minneapolis, MN 20009–2010
• Organize library books, enter data into computer
• Created brochure for the library
• Translated flyers from English to Somali
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY: Muslim Student Organization (MSO)
Women’s Coordinator 2007-2009
• Accommodate, advance, and promote Muslim students’ best interest at Metro State University
• Plan and organize programs and events
• Write articles about MSO
Habibi Halaqas: Online Web Blog for Muslim Women
• Voluntarily write various articles about faith, social, and family.