29 Duggan Avenue
Whitby , ON L1M 1H9
online portfolio - http://www.coroflot.com/johndavey
Freelance - Design and/or produced store signs, custom jewelry, company logos, business cards, vehicle graphics and lettering, greeting cards, tombstones, team sportswear, flyers, t-shirts, restaurant and gala menus,various I.D. Products.
May 1990 to present
In-house Graphic Artist
- Designing concepts, presentations, graphics production, scanning and preparation of files for digital printing or presswork, website development, scanning, photo-editing, copywriting, marketing, advertising, colour management, vinyl graphics, and cost estimating.
- Direct contact with clients, advising clients of deadlines/timelines of requisitions.
- Maintain integrity of logos, recreation of logos, corporate images, copyright materials etc.
- Manage multiple jobs at various stages of completion, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Sourcing, implementation and operation of high-end graphics equipment.
- Designing promotional products with a focus on branding and corporate identity.
- Conversion of artwork for embroidery digitizing, screen-printing, and vinyl application.
- Development of direct advertising materials, newsletters, catalogues.
- Art-directing photo shoots, sourcing and hiring of photographers and printers.
- Assist in layout and design of company websites.
- Digital photography of product for catalogues, website, print ads, flyers.
- Estimating the production costs and timelines of custom-designed items.
- Representing the company at trade shows and industry functions.
- Assist in the design and implementation of clients' retail window displays.
- Assist in installation of signage, banners, POP displays.
- Design of branded sportswear and apparel for many clients.
Corel Graphics Suite X3
CAD Link Signlab 8.0
CAD Link Engravelab
Onyx Poster Shop RIP
Wilcom Embroidery Studio
Operation of large-format digital fabric printer (Encad Novajet) for 4 years.
Operation of vinyl cutter/plotter (Graphtec, Allen Datagraph) 12 years.
Operation of Vision computerized engraving system for 3 years.
Operation of Hotronix Heat-Press for 3 years
Application of vinyl graphics to various substrates including vehicles, signs, and banners.
September 1995 to April 1997
Seneca College - Desktop Publishing & Graphic Design for the Macintosh
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Quark XPress
September 1981 to June 1986
Cardinal Newman Secondary School
Graduated grade 13 with OSSG Diploma. All advanced level courses in Maths and Sciences, English and Literature, Visual Arts, Drafting, and Law.
Awarded the Special Achievement Award For Art upon graduation of grade 12.
Honour Roll student for 5 years, maintaining average of 80% or more for 5 years.