Joseph W. Allen
Print Design: Brochures & Catalogs; Newsletters; Posters & Signs; Collateral Materials; Stationery & Letterhead
Company Branding: Identity Development; Logo Design; Client Service; Packaging & Label Design; Product Development; PowerPoint Presentations; Report / Proposal Design; POP Displays
Marketing & Advertising: Loyalty Marketing; Promotional Conceptualization; Direct Mail; Special Event Marketing
Artistic Leadership: Graphic Design; Conceptual Direction; Art Direction; Typography; Layouts & Compositions; Font & Color Management; Environmental & Retail Graphics; Style Guide Development; Illustrative Mapping; Staff Inspiration & Training; Project Management
Technical Skills: Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator; Photoshop; InDesign; Acrobat. Microsoft Office: Word; Excel; PowerPoint. QuarkXPress; Mac OS
Freelance Graphic Designer | Joe Allen Design | 2009 to Present: Develop compelling printed marketing materials such as brochures, advertisements, stationery, posters, and signs. Effectively work with a wide variety of companies and business owners while seamlessly coordinating different assignments. Continually grow business with word-of-mouth advertising; leverage a sterling reputation for doing whatever it takes to deliver superior products and design concepts to all clients. Key accounts include Carmelo Anthony Foundation and Diane Katzman Design.
Senior Corporate Designer | Macy’s Central | 2005 to 2009: Produce corporate marketing materials that deliver impressive results and increase event attendance. Devise and enhance marketing strategies. Develop direct mail, ROP, event signage, invitations, and associate training tools. Provide expert photo art direction, project management, and copywriting.
• Increased coupon usage 18% in 3 years by generating direct mail campaigns with simplified messages.
• Aggressively grew attendance for regional events each year by producing highly effective collateral.
• Streamlined events and loyalty projects by designing universal templates that could be used by all production artists.
• Recognized as managing the top loyalty team that acquired the most credit customers per year for the region.
Director of Graphic Design / Project Manager | Lose & Associates, Inc. | 1998 to 2005: Continually won proposals by producing high-impact branded marketing materials. Established and maintained the company’s corporate identity. Leveraged marketing background to promote the firm and secure funds for important projects. Effectively led design and production for projects. Ensured branding guidelines were uniformly followed by all staff members. Developed reports that garnered extremely positive feedback from the end user.
• Played instrumental role in growing the company from 18 to 31 employees within tenure. Successfully branded the firm
and achieved lofty marketing goals for clients.
• Won bids on 65% of the proposals submitted.
• Instituted a streamlined system that improved proposal request replies to government agencies.
• Ensured all elements were included in submittals by creating check sheets.
• Earned fast track promotion from initial Graphic Designer position.
Graphic Designer | The Bombay Co. • Senior Graphic Designer | Service Merchandise Co • Graphic Designer | Hammond Design Associates
Bachelor’s Degree in Commercial Art | Western Kentucky University