• Senior Graphic Designer with solid background in 4-color editorial and corporate communications design. Adept at completing projects from initial concept through final production under tight deadlines.
• Skilled in providing unique design solutions within a multidisciplinary environment.
• Can design and develop effective material to achieve maximum legibility and ensure a positive response from the target audience.
• Proficient in all areas of print production, specializing in typography and including color theory, photography direction and commission, and pre-press setup through final press check.
Nulco Lighting MFG. Inc., Pawtucket, RI • 9/97 - 2/2011
Created and developed a wide variety of high-end corporate marketing materials, including sales kits, custom folders, brochures and national magazine advertising, as well as custom promotional designs and intranet-based identity systems. Also redesigned many previously printed materials to reflect new branding and conceptual standards. Responsible for hi res image manipulation, color correction, digital color proofing, pre-flighting of all digital files, and archiving. Additionally responsible for the selection of vendors (worldwide) for production bids, press checks for final production approval working directly with printers. Print advertising layouts include: Architectural Digest, Trends, Florida Design and the cover of Home Lighting & Accessories magazine.
Benny’s Inc. Smithfield, RI • 8/95 - 9/97
Production duties included preparing monthly circular and weekly newspaper ROP advertisements, using both computer design and traditional techniques. Preparing files and documents for commercial output. Other responsibilities ranged from copy writing, product illustration, layout and paste-up.
Sterling Management, Inc. Kissimmee, FL • 6/93 - 12/94
Office Manager: managed 27 vacation rental properties. Responsibilities included distributing all payments concerning home owner profit, rental tax, utilities, mortgages and management fees. Directing/coordinating office accounts, housekeeping, pool, lawn and pest control services.
R.N. Koch, Inc. Providence, RI • 7/92 - 2/93
Graphics Artist: Responsible for designing POP display units and product packaging for jewelry. Duties included design, layout and paste-up.
• DK Communications: Button Hole Golf Course.
• C2 Communications: Johnston Housing Autority, Bristol Housing Autority, Scituate Democrates, Johnston Mayor (Cipriano) campaign, Providence Diosese, Face of RI.
• Greenwald-Greenwald Law • HSI Construction • Amcraft • JayCo • XFactor Strength and Conditioning.
• The Colibri Group (Product and package design, licenses include Disney and Mattel)
• Jo Sherwood Design: Art Directed and designed primary marketing and communication materials for JoSherwood, including catalog design, special event posters, logos and monthly print advertising: New York Dog, Hollywood Dog, Fido Friendly, OC (Orange County) Dog, Animal Print, New York Resident.
Jo Sherwood Design: 2003 Silver Addy® award for Sales Kit and Product Information Sheets.
Nulco Lighting: 2004 Silver Addy® for Sales Promotion Catalog Design.
PIAS Graphic Awards Award of Excellence in Catalog Design 2004 & 2008
Premier Print Awards: Design and Printing 2004
North America’s Gold Ink Awards / Nulco 2008 Catalog
Software: Adobe CS5 Design Professional, Quark XPress and MS Office.
Education: Syracuse University
School of Visual And Preforming Arts; Bachelor of Fine Arts In Advertising Design
Rhode Island College / Rhode Island School of Design; Continuing Education