WILLIAM WHITNEY – Creative Director/Art Director/Writer/Producer
3330 Ramsey Rd, Cambria CA 93428 Phone: 805.927.1383 Cell: 646.734.4407
2006 - 2011 – Los Angeles, CA
Executive Creative Director
Responsibilities included developing successful advertising campaigns for television, print, direct mail and digital marketing; mentoring, teaching and supervising work of Writer/Art Director teams; presenting creative work to highest-level clients; partnering with agency strategic and brand development teams; safeguarding all client’s brand standards.
Los Angeles clients included:
- Bank of America - Toyota
- Lexus - DirecTV
- Hewlett/Packard - Automobile Club of Southern California
1995 - 2006 – New York, NY
Group Creative Director
Supervised, designed or concepted campaigns for television, print, direct mail; served as Executive Producer for the agency’s broadcast department.
New York clients included:
- Sports Illustrated - Conde’ Nast Publishing
- New York Knicks - Mercedes-Benz
- Citizens Bank - Personal Mortgage Corporation
- ADT Security Systems - Chase Manhattan Bank
- Lens Express - Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals - Forbes Magazine
- Consumer’s Union - Kaiser Permanente
- United States Navy Recruiting - Chesapeake Health
March 2001 - June 2002 – New York, NY
Supervised all production and post-production of television commercials for broadcast
for The New York Knicks NBA franchise at Madison Square Garden, NYC.
Nov 1996 – June 2001 – New York, NY
Guest Lecturer/Professor, NYU School of Continuing Education
Taught course: “Television Production and the Creative Process” for 5 years.
RAPP & COLLINS
Feb 1983 - June 1997 – New York, NY
Senior Art Director
Created and designed television commercials, print, direct mail, newspaper and other advertising
for various clients.
Feb 1981 – Sept 1990 – New York, NY
Created original graphic designs, oil paintings, illustrations, logos for:
- The Star - Academic Press
- Catholic Archdiocese of New York - J Walter Thompson Agency
- Dancer, Fitzgerald, Sample - Imprint Designs
April 1970 – 1975
Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts.
• Major: Painting
• Minor: Photography/Motion Picture
Ohio University, 1973
Traveled to England for Independent Study at The Nuffield College of Surgical Sciences,
Radcliffe Infirmary, and The Oxford School of Medicine.
International Film and TV Festival
Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut, Word, Powerpoint, and QuarkXPress. Seasoned photographer and videographer. Paintings have been shown at the Cleveland Museum of Art and galleries across the U.S. Avid sportsman. Raced Formula Fords at Pocono Raceway.
References furnished upon request
3330 Ramsey Rd, Cambria CA 93428
P: 805.927.1383 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com