Organized and efficient self-starter that believes if something is worth doing at all, it’s worth doing well and right the first time around.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Extensive experience in planning, organizing, successfully completing and evaluating a variety of concurrent projects in fast-paced, deadline driven environments.
- Proficient at meeting or exceeding deadlines and budgets.
- Expert ability in creative design, layout & production of all types of collateral (information, education, instruction, display, demonstration, marketing).
- Comprehensive copy writing, grammar, proofreading and editing skills; thorough and precise in attention to detail.
- Extensive experience with planning & execution of executive level events (conferences, exhibit halls, annual meetings) including: marketing and advertisement, registration, entertainment, education, speakers, exhibits, hotel contracts, staffing, food & beverage, golf tournaments, press receptions, etc. for up to 500 people.
- Proficient at developing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers, vendors, resource personnel, works well alone or with a team.
CURRENT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Serving as second in command to the Executive Director of an international nonprofit professional association. Responsible for planning and execution of all phases of annual meeting/conference and exhibit show including: development and production of internal & external marketing material and advertising; design, development and production of conference collateral (programs/guides, advertising, display signage, attendee packet materials and give-aways, awards, etc.); administration (planning, sales and service) of 50 booth exhibit hall; 40+ conference financial sponsorships; planning and management of press and VIP receptions, new member events and charity golf tournament; train, monitor and supervise several part-time workers prior to and during the convention.
Manage organization-wide communications including design, editing, production and distribution of newsletters, prospect and new member information kits and conference promotional materials as well as website updates and e-newsletter development and distribution.
Developed a membership program promoting community service and financial support for a new community Nature Center. Planning and production of many community-wide events. Developed (design, edit, write) manuals and training courses of all types for all age groups. Experienced with design, development and presentation of all types of documentation including management of electronic, web-based and physical library. Responsible for editing and production of 40 page monthly newsletter, increased advertising revenue of from -$3K to over $77K in first 2 years.
Inter-Company Marketing Group, Ashburn, VA, Director of Member Services August 2006 - Present
Innovative Technologies, Inc., Chantilly, VA, Sr. Technical Writer (both Full& Part-time work on contract basis) Oct. 2002-July 2008
Broadlands Association, Ashburn, VA, Nature Center Director and Newsletter Editor Oct. 2003-March 2006
Verisign Global Registry Services (formerly Network Solutions Inc.), Dulles, VA, Sr. Technical Writer July 2000-July 2001
Orbcomm Inc., Herndon, VA, Documentation Coordinator May 1999-July 2000
Girl Scouts of the USA - Experienced Adult Educator, 2005-present. Various capacities 1994 to present include Service Unit Manager, Troop Consultant, Troop Organizer and Troop Leader. Currently Leader and Outdoor Event Planner for Multi-level Troop of 62 girls.
Boy Scouts of America – Active Committee member for troop of over 160 members, Merit Badge Councilor and Troop Webmaster 2004-2010; Awards Chairperson and Outdoor Event Coordinator 2001-10.
Keep Loudoun Beautiful – County-wide anti-litter and environmental education. Stream and roadside litter clean up coordinator for Ashburn area 2003 – present. BOD Member 2003 – 2006, President 2006-2009, VP 2010-present.
Loudoun Environmental Stewardship Alliance – Community Event Director 2004-present. Responsible for planning and production of Family Stream Day event (annual environmental watershed education and activity event for approx. 400 people), Research Team Editor; design, write, and edit bi-annual report to state and county environmental authorities, 2005 – present. Laboratory assistant and report editor for VA Dept of Environmental Quality stream quality assessment program, 2005-2008.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
Bachelor of Science – Health Education. University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1981. Motorola Marketing University 1984. Various job specific training programs.
Proficient with all Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Adobe CS4.