JAVIER MARTÍNEZ SÁNCHEZ
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly creative and multitalented Graphic Designer and Illustrator with extensive experience in multimedia, illustration and print design. Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills. Passionate and inventive creator; accustomed to performing in deadline-driven environments with an emphasis on working within budget requirements.
2005—Present Santiago, Chile
Behavior Santiago (Wanako Games), a division of Behavior Interactive
Art Director – Concept Designer
Successfully manage and coordinate cutting-edge video game design projects from concept through completion. Work closely with clients to create vision, conceive designs, and consistently meet deadlines and requirements. Effectively build, motivate, and direct design and production teams.
Key Projects as an Art Director:
• 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2
• Arkadian Warriors
• 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures: Lost Island (expansion)
• 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures
In charge of project features such as: concept design, texturing, cinematics, backgrounds, illumination, logo, and interface graphic elements.
Other Key Projects:
• Wipeout, In the Zone
• Ghostbusters, Sanctum of Slime
• Avatar Crash Course
• Revenge of the Wounded Dragons
• Assault Heroes 2
• Assault Heroes (uncredited)
• Jewel Thief
Works closely in pre-production stages dealing with features such as: concept design (environments), texturing, design, backgrounds, color, models, and interface graphic elements.
2005—2006 Santiago, Chile
Universidad de las Américas
• Teaches illustration and digital illustration undergraduate courses to Digital Animation Major students.
2004—2003 Santiago, Chile
Productora Cubonegro, Graphic Design Area
• Worked in modeling, texturing, 3D graphics and post-production tasks for commercial spots and institutional videos of national and international brands and companies.
2004—2003 Santiago, Chile
Universidad Tecnológica Metropolitana, School of Design
• Taught design and graphic expression undergraduate courses to Graphic Design students.
1997 Santiago, Chile
• Drew backgrounds and a poster for the animation project called: “Amazonas: The Magic Land.”
1996–Present Santiago, Chile
• Illustrations for sundry advertising campaigns and packaging projects for a variety of advertising agencies, such as Leo Burnett, Mc Cann Ericsson, Prolam Young and Rubicam, Wundermann; design agencies, namely Marca Design, TXT, Publimaster, Ira Diseños, among others; publishing houses, i.e. Zig-Zag, SM Chile, Andrés Bello.
1996–1994 Santiago, Chile
Benjamín Diéguez Limitada (Workshop)
• Illustrations for advertising campaigns and packaging projects for a variety of advertising agencies.
Universidad Tecnológica Metropolitana Santiago, Chile
? Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design, Major in Visual Communications
? Summa *** Laude graduate
Applications: Adobe Photoshop, Painter, Paintool Sai, 3D Studio Max, After Effects, Premiere, Freehand, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), among others.
Techniques used: Proficient at the following techniques: Airbrushing, Watercolor, Graffito, Colored Pencil, Dip Pen Nib (Ink), Mixed techniques, Digital Drawing and Painting (Photoshop, Painter, Paintool Sai), 3D Model Texturing, etc.
Languages: Spanish (mother tongue), English