Creative Designer . Artist . Photographer
816 S. 48th St. Philadelphia, PA 19143 • 215-913-8742 • firstname.lastname@example.org
• Creative, thoroughly enjoys design process, completes projects on time
• Excellent communication skills, experience working directly with clients
• Very experienced with Photography, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite
Eastern Mennonite University, Harrisonburg, VA Expected Graduation Aug. ‘11
Major: Digital Media Minor: Communications GPA: 3.3
Advanced PhotoShop Studio Digital Photography Alternative Photo Processes
Graphic Design Color Photography Documentary Production
Visual Communication Theory 2D Animation/ After Effects Video Camera / Non-Linear Editing
Marketing Department Design Intern, EMU, Harrisonburg, VA 8/10 – 12/10
• Given full responsibility to create and design the University’s 28 page full color Men’s Basketball Media Guide including information and statistics from previous seasons, preview of upcoming season, player profiles, coach biographies, senior posters, and feature articles.
• Design posters and flyers for various campus activities and events
• Update and order business cards for EMU faculty and staff
• Design T Shirts for campus clubs and organizations.
• Keep in contact with clients.
• Contact printing companies for price quotes on various projects
• Philadelphia International Records, Philadelphia, PA 7/10
Updated existing logo, incorporated with stylized text to create new look for marketing use.
Created logo for Internet radio station ‘TSOP Soul Radio.’
Designed T-shirt to sell at record label building and promotional events
• Matt Gillis Photography LLC 9/10
Designed business card, letterhead, and company logo
• EMU Fitness Center, Harrisonburg, VA 1/11
Photographed and designed a variety of material for the facility including membership cards, full color tri fold brochure, day/week visitor passes, and posters
Photography Editor, Weather Vane Newspaper, EMU, Harrisonburg, VA 8/09 – 4/10
• Assigned weekly photo assignments to staff photographers and shot photos for school newspaper published 10 times per semester and distributed to approximately 1,500 readers
• Completed color correction, editing, preparation, and final approval for all photos/images.
Graphic/Multimedia Artist (Intern), Capital Area Food Bank, Washington D.C. 5/11 – 7/11
• Designed new logos for 8 company sponsored programs, events, and conferences.
• Designed various print materials for the organization including posters, flyers, and cards.
• Photographed various company events, and handled all post processing/editing duties.
Assistant Manager, EMU Fitness Center, Harrisonburg, VA 8/09 – present
• Handle membership, payments, exercise advice, front desk, and maintenance duties
Director’s Assistant, Center for Educational Exchange with Vietnam, Philadelphia, PA 7/10 – 8/10
• Prepared and organized school catalogs, folders, contact information, course descriptions, and other paper work for exchange students