Church and Missionary Background:
Youth With A Mission (Lindale, Texas): Directly following high-school I attended Youth With A Mission, an interdenominational world-wide missions organization serving 1000 locations in 149 countries. I attended:
Discipleship Training School (April 1995-August 1995): The five month school teaches individuals in how to be a disciple of Christ. The school focuses on bringing internal individual reformation.
School of Evangelism (September 1995-March 1996): This school focuses on bringing others to a relationship to Christ.
Education & Teaching Background:
Christian Heritage School (Tyler, Texas): Graduated in May of 1994.
Christian Heritage School/ Teachers for the Nation (T.F.N.) (August 97-June 98): Teacher’s for the Nations is a ten month program that instructs potential teachers in the Childhood development and discipline, The Writing Road to Reading (a program that teaches the rules of spelling), grammar and sentence analysis, philosophy of Christian education.
St. Croix Christian Academy July 2000-June 2004: Helped pioneer a new Christian private school. I taught there for four years in Minnesota. In these four years I taught students 2nd-5th grades in multi-grade classroom. Here's a list of my responsibilities:
1. Arithmetic: Saxon method, Ray’s Arithmetic, Classic Abacus
2. Penmanship: Spelling and Grammar: I taught penmanship and spelling using the Spalding method (which is also known as the Writing Road to Reading).
3. Literature: We read many classic books, a few of which were; Benjamin West and His Cat Grimalkin, Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates, and Carry On Mr. Bowditch.
4. History: I built my own curriculum for history.
5. After School Tutor
6. High School Basketball Coach
7. High School Assistant Soccer Coach
Ecclesia College- August 2010-present: Currently enrolled studying for a B.S. in Biblical Leadership. I plan to complete my studies in May of 2012.
Volunteer and other missionary work
Foreign Outreach and Mission Work
1. Chicago summer of 1995- A six week trip (Youth With A Mission)
2. Romania winter of 1996- A four week trip (Youth With A Mission)
3. South America summer 1998- A six week trip (Youth With A Mission)
Volunteer Teaching (Christian Heritage School August 1998-May1999): After attending Teacher’s For the Nations I volunteer taught at Christian Heritage School in fifth grade history and 6th grade sentence analysis.
Grace Community Church 2008-Present: My wife and are members of Grace Community where we volunteer in the nursery.
Business & Technical Background
Grace Community Church/School-
Summer 1996- Summer 1999: Ground/building Maintenance
St. Croix Christian Academy July 2000-June 2004: Helped pioneer a new Christian private school. I taught there for four years in Minnesota. In these four years I taught students 2nd-5th grades in multi-grade classroom.
Turley Land Surveying (Whitehouse, Texas) October 2004-June 2005 & September 2006-May 2009: I worked as a field technician. I was also involved with deed research at local courthouses.
Westwood Professional Services (Eden Prairie, MN) August 2005- December 2005: I worked as a field technician.
Bob Matush Surveying (Tyler, Texas) June 2009-Present: I am still working in the field as an Instrument man (with various instruments), and a Rod man.