1989 - B.F.A - Bachelor of Fine Arts/Visual Communications/Illustration
The Maryland Institute, College of Art, Baltimore, MD
SKILL SET OVERVIEW – Graphics Experience
Work with customers and team members to determine project scope and specifications to develop new or enhanced content for client websites which include:
• Maintain daily updates of content by posting relevant links to other sources specific to events and news items.
• Manage site specific needs and contribute to projects that will improve the accessibility and visibility of client web site
• Modify or obtain images provided by the client and other sources via print or web such as stock photo companies
• Provide training or information sessions to the client on site usability functions, issues, research and recommend additional features, tools, resources to be added to increase the revenue and visitors to clients sites
• Continually review the Web site as a whole to maintain site cohesiveness, branding and continuity throughout, and to ensure stale content and broken links are quickly removed
• Section 508 Web accessibility testing and monitoring government websites to ensure compliance with accessibility mandated by government initiatives
• 5+ years of designing websites in Dreamweaver MX/8/CS2/CS3
• Testing the new site for proper links, and review the coding in html.
• Conduct trials/tests for use and functionality of the site.
• Meet with project managers to report the results of the testing and provide solutions to the team.
• Creating/maintaining archive of pages with links to articles in clients database
• Work directly with customers and team members to determine project scope and specifications
SKILL SET OVERVIEW - Private Client Web Design
• Manage implementation, maintenance and improvement of Websites
• Create and foster direction in strategic analytics & metrics.
• Oversee development, maintenance and enhancement of and improvement to overall web productivity and visits.
• Acquire full understanding of site development needs to ensure that sites are tagged and tracking correctly.
• Create and distribute regularly scheduled web reports including monthly traffic metrics.
• Provide username and password for clients as admin logins to measure website performance, and maintain general reporting structure.
• Develop approaches to analyze online customer behavior, traffic flow, customer profiles, browse behavior, content effectiveness, etc.
• Provide guidance and best practices expertise to key business partners around scoping, designing, executing, and analyzing current site.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve site effectiveness and recommend methods to improve the business results.
• Develop intranets as a phase II development that is discussed during initial meeting
• Responsible for determining the name of the links on all pages and sections
• Recreated personal pages
• Performed usability testing personnel to test the ease of use and the links of the entire site once it was completed prior to loading site for public viewing
• Attend meetings to discuss testing outcomes and problems and provide weekly status reports on updates to sites/issues to developers for repairs
• Use client task list as a guide to make sure requirements are fulfilled for the testing and redesign
SKILL SET OVERVIEW –Proposal Experience
• RFP reviews are performed for font size and type, usage, color schemes, and deliverables for each team review.
• Graphics and text document schedules are established and logs are set up to keep accurate records of the sections and graphic versions along with the authors’ name and contact information.
• Concepts for the graphics are provided by the authors, proposal coordinators, proposal managers and team leads.
• Version control, networking and transmission of text documents to the authors and other team members are discussed.
• Due to the several locations of the proposal team (size and manpower needed to complete the proposal) conference calls are attended daily to get a status update from each team member.
• The initial first drafts are created using several versions of the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications dependent upon the client and their output requirements.
• Used desktop publishing skills to manage flow of documents and correspondence within document management systems, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
• Created master pages in MS Word or InDesign which were used as the template for the sections and placed in a folder on the server for use by the authors.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively on proposals, templates, graphs, charts and document layout and the ability to maximize PowerPoint functionalities to create bold, effective, and clear presentations.
• If necessary; revision of current graphics/ creating new graphics to support text in proposal work. Used Adobe Freehand, Photo-shop, and other relevant design packages.
• Execute the design, ensured quality and Consistency, accuracy, and conformity to established formats and styles, and advised and assisted requestors in determining final products.
• Coordinated all production questions and changes with necessary individuals and components involved; produced finished product for reproduction using manual and automated methods as appropriate; and expedited the production process independently or as a team member.
• Meetings with the team are attended to develop sketched graphics on paper, taken from whiteboards or large notepads used during the meetings.
• After final approval of the graphic it was saved as a jpeg or png and placed or embedded in the MS word (current version) section of the proposal.
• Graphics and text documents are printed and placed in draft form in binders and prepared for different team reviews (Red, Gold, etc.) and page count/book checks were performed for each team review.
• Final product sent to printer, prepared in binders according to RFP specifications and packaged for shipping or delivery.
LIST OF CLIENTS
Web Design Clients-Short List
Association of African American Financial Advisors
Insight With Antoine Lindley
IWG Protection Agency
Midnite Confections Cupcakery
Marriage Made EZ-Spirit of Faith Christian Center
Wheeler Technical Services
Proposal Design Clients
CACI Technologies, Inc. - October ‘09 to Present
Proposal Graphics Designer/Production Coordinator
Orbital Sciences Corporation - Dulles, VA - August ‘09 to October ‘09
Proposal Graphics Illustrator/Integrator
ATSC - June ‘09 - August ‘09 - McLean, VA?
Proposal Graphics Coordinator
Universal Consulting Group – Ft. Detrick Army Base, Frederick, MD - January ‘09 to May ‘09
Career Profiles - July ‘08 to December ‘08 - McLean, VA
Graphic/Web Proposal Designer
The Creative Group - Greenbelt, MD - February ‘08 to June ’08
TranTech, Inc. - Alexandria, VA - June ‘07 to October ’07
SR. GRAPHIC/WEB DESIGN MANAGER
THE BOSS GROUP - McLean, VA - May ‘05 to June ‘07
SAIC (Science Applications International) - Columbia, MD
February ‘04 to May ‘05
BRAINSTORM CREATIVE SERVICES - Washington, DC/Northern VA - April ‘03 to June ‘03
HEADSTRONG INCORPORATED - Washington, DC - June ‘02 to September ’02
BAE SYSTEMS, INC. – Washington Navy Yard, Washington, DC - April ‘99 to April ‘02
ELECTRONIC PUBLISHING SPECIALIST
CACI, INC. - Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, DC - April ‘97 to April ‘99
VISUAL INFORMATION SPECIALIST
CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY - Washington, DC/McLean VA - May ‘89 to April ‘97
VISUAL INFORMATION SPECIALIST