YARNELL’S ICE CREAM, Searcy, AR
July 2010 - June 2011
Developed in-house “agency”, creating all branding, imaging, social media and marketing materials for 78-year-old family-owned business.
• Company saw highest profits in last ten years due to marketing with Razorbacks partnership and promotions with retailers, Christmas Food Drive with the Arkansas Foodbank and grocery retailers and 4 the Greater Good partnership with KARK Channel 4.
• Improved awareness on social media that saw a 215% increase in viewers.
• Created The Food Drive at Riverfest: developed strategies and logistics for more than 125 volunteers over three days and created branding and marketing materials for event that helped feed over 22,000 Arkansans in need.
• Published, wrote, edited and art directed The Scoop monthly newsletter
• Directed and partnered with printing companies, ad agencies, film production companies and television and radio stations.
WHEELER PRINTING, Hot Springs, AR
June 2006 - July 2010
• Improved day-to-day management of commercial printing company by increasing profitability through efficiency of production: orders entered immediately with all information needed, better creative and production files, improved plate and layout processes, reduced paper waste and improved delivery processes.
• Developed full-agency marketing and advertising for businesses in and around Hot Springs: First Step, Community Counseling Services, Museum of Contemporary Art, Wheeler Printing.
SCHAWK ATLANTA, Smyrna, GA
August 2002 - November 2005
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Concept - to - customer)
• Created design for packaging and promotions as a member of the Coca-Cola graphics team.
• Improved services and developed techniques to produce finished work on-time and under budget by reducing overtime
PLAID ENTERPRISES, Norcross, GA
May 2000 - August 2002
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
• Accomplished seamless start-up of Graphics Department integration from business acquisition
• Updated graphics techniques and improved production procedures that saved time and money compared to graphics management from acquired business
• Managed files, archives and equipment transfer; maintained records and transported computer and other equipment from Hazelton, Pennsylvania to Atlanta, Georgia
LEISURE ARTS, Little Rock, AR
July 1987 - April 2000
• Created design, researched and developed pre-press techniques that saved 88% of outside production costs with first year savings of over $2 million
SOUTHERN ARKANSAS UNIVERSITY, Magnolia, AR
BA/GRAPHIC DESIGN, Minor in Marketing