Garden State Awards, Jersey City, NJ
• Design, layout, logo creation, laser engraving for Awards & Trophies.
• Collaboration with customers to bring about the realization of their ideas.
Peacock Printing, Bergenfield, NJ
• Design, layout, and logo design for custom tape printing specialist.
• Photography of products for utilization in promotional materials and trade show banners.
• Field marketer for home improvement stores
• Responsible for placement of correct advertising materials and goods
to tie in with current and seasonal promotions
• Customer contact during course of day and during special promotions
• Built relationships with store staff in several locations
THOMAS REGIONAL DIRECTORIES
• Creation of advertising for manufacturing companies in CD-Rom, print, and web-based media from initial concept to finalization.
• Created logos, graphics, and layout for ads. Edited customer-provided content to best effect.
MJA Advertising Associates, Inc., New York, NY
• Design, layout, and copy editing of daily newspaper and magazine ads for many large clients including the Men’s Wearhouse involving heavy photo-editing and typographical manipulation.
Resident Publications, New York, NY
• Design, layout, paste-ups, and copy editing for community newspaper.
• Held meetings with staff salespeople resulting in the successful execution of customer concepts and much repeat business for the publication.
Patane Press, New York, NY
• Introduced computer graphics to busy local printing house.
• Layout, design, print preparation of flyers, brochures, and posters for businesses, clubs, and political organizations.
Volt Information Sciences, Long Island, NY
Paste-up artist creating directory advertisements.
Pink Moon Records, Liverpool, England
Assistant Manager of independent record store and label.
Inventory control, marketing, creation of promotional materials.
National Westminster Bank, Liverpool, England
Progressed through stages to position of Chief Cashier, being responsible for high volumes of cash in branch and supervision and training of junior cashiers. Extensive customer contact and organization of promotional materials and incentives.
Graduated from Blue Coat School, Liverpool, England, with certificates in English Language, English Literature, Math, French, Biology, History, Geography, and Art. Completed three years of art classes at Cooper Union, New York, NY. Attended courses at Pratt Manhattan in computer graphics, design, layout, and mechanical art.
Adobe Creative Suite applications, CorelDraw, MS Office applications, Pagemaker, Powerpoint, Dreamweaver.
Activities, Interests and activities
Assistant to ESL teacher; Voluntary classroom aide; PTA fundraising and organization; Junior boys’ soccer coach; Voice coach and playbill designer for local theatre group; Artist, photographer, musician and singer.