KAMOD KUMAR JHA
815 16th Street, Unit D email@example.com
Golden, CO 80401 303-960-3333
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Mechanical Engineer with over five years Industry experience.
• Machining knowledge and expertise, both CNC and Manual.
• Expertise in facility layouts, design, development, assembly, testing, analysis, planning,
implementation and project management.
• Excellent CAD skills and blueprint reading capabilities.
• Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing processes.
• Experienced with large components manufacturing methods.
Permanent Resident of US, legally entitled to work in the US.
• Extraordinary time manager and • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
impeccable organizational skills, • Highly efficient in conflict management
especially under high pressure • Root cause analysis
and tight deadlines • Multi project coordination and strong troubleshooting skills
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering May 2010
University of Colorado Boulder, CO
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering March 2002
Magadh University Bihar, India
COMPUTER AND TECHNICIAL SKILLS
• AutoCAD • PowerPoint • MS Office Suite
• SAP • SolidWorks • Outlook
• PRO-E • MS Project • MATLAB
• Machining (Mill, Lathe, basic hand tools, sheet metal fabrication, CNC operation)
Engineering Technician June 2008 – Present
Coors Tek Golden, CO
• Develop and test equipment, processes, and materials.
• Develop and maintain documentation, prepare report, blueprint, etc. supporting process and manufacturing improvement.
• Perform set-up and troubleshoot the performance of production equipment.
• Perform with system, load, and performance testing tools.
• Verify and maintain engineering data and monitor, analyze and provide report.
• Led and conduct experiments, research, and testing.
• Assist Engineering in troubleshooting the performance of the manufacturing line (product flow, equipment performance, Cpk calculation, etc.).
• Conduct feasibility study and testing on new and modified designs.
• Develop, generate, and analyze reports and return products to identify trends, and facilitate corrective quality improvements.
KAMOD KUMAR JHA PAGE TWO
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (CONTINUED)
Resource Development, Inc. May 2007 – May 2008
Mechanical Engineer (R&D) Wheat Ridge, CO
• Sample Preparation – from gram quantities – by various crushing, grinding, screening, blending, pulverizing, splitting and weighing.
• Bench-Scale Testing and sample characterization.
• Testing auxiliary operations such as moisture determination, thickening, filtering, and flotation.
• Process flowsheets development for copper, molybdenum and gold ores.
• Analytical Laboratories testing such as crushing, grinding, gravity concentration, flotation magnetic separation or ores’ samples.
• Bottle Roll and Column Leaching.
• Roasting and leaching tests on concentrate samples.
Repsol YPF April 2002 – December 2006 Energy Infrastructure Ltd. Subsidiary Delhi, India
Project Engineer April 2002 - October 2005
• Performed typical task including conceptual design, presentation, cost estimate, safety requirement, environmental requirement, constructability, construction support, design engineering, and contract management.
• Worked on capital projects from concept to start up, including design specification, proposals, economic evaluation, feasibility study and project cost estimates, schedules, vendor selection, mechanical budgets, and final documentation.
• Developed and implemented process improvement to reduce cost, enhance product marketability and reliability, improve competitiveness, and improve quality and safety of specific operation.
• Involved in process layout, material handling and testing, work measurement, methods analysis, equipment design and development, material procurement, process study, and report preparation.
• Designed and prepared layouts and plans on various mechanical engineering projects.
• Introduced safe & low-cost concepts of operations to optimize overall plant production.
Plant Engineer October 2005 - December 2006
• Developed Mechanical equipment specification for pump, compressor, separator, etc.
• Designed systems or system modifications to maximize plant reliability, efficiency, safety and regulatory compliance.
• Provided technical assistance on system related problems, trouble shot system problems, assessed equipment condition and coordinated corrective maintenance work on equipment.
• Performed daily operational checks on all equipment and processing facilities.
• Gathered production volume information.
• Developed and managed minor capital and O&M projects with supervision. Administered project controls including safety, budgetary, scheduling, inspections, testing, and contractor oversight and design changes.
MEMBERS AND SOCIETIES
• American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
• American Council of Engineering Companies of Colorado (ACEC/CO).
• Secretary of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) of Colorado.