Visitor: please read further as I have many skills to fit in here.
Proven expertise in planning corporate events, office meetings, and travel/logistics coordination of many large-grouped delegation visitor, of whom I accompanied their visits. I as well organized travels for various diplomatic members and their international key personals. I am focused, motivated, and dedicated to improve organizational performances. I am an expert in multitasking directorship under extensive scope of responsibilities and yet maintain a consistent deliverance record of optimal results. I have experience and a a record of achievement guiding all aspects of quality, plant, and operations management. Attain advanced communication and intercultural skills to interact at all levels of an organization, which leads a continuous improvement in the members' interactivity and performance. One of my strongest professional qualities is being a strategist; a quality allowed me to develop many strategic plans of which develop effective workable solutions. Strategic planning continuously took effect improving key process indicators and organizational objective.
I am a highly motivated and accomplished 25-year-old Employed by UAE Embassy's Police Division as an Executive Assistant. I have 8-years of accomplished professional experience in Leadership, Organizational Development Processes, Executive Assistance, and Logistics Coordination. I am ambitious and always eager to learn and expand my knowledge. Currently I am taking courses in all the different programs in Microsoft Office Suite; which will earn me 3-different Microsoft Certifications. In 2009 I received BA in Communication with a Public Relations Concentration and a Minor in Electronic Journalism. Next Fall 2013, I am admitted to return to George Mason University to begin my graduate studies in the Masters of Science in Organizational Development & Knowledge Management.
Executive Assistant January 2012 – Present
Embassy of the UAE – Office of Police Attaché (Washington DC)
(Abu Dhabi Police Scholarship Program)
• Management: Overall management of task distribution and follow-up matters.
• Leadership: Direction and supervision of electronic & paper filing.
• Apply for English Programs and track issuance of form I-20 for ADP scholars.
• Liaise with select university members to facilitate admission procedures for ADP scholars.
• Prepare official documents and routinely correspondences.
• Monitor and record the flow of all received invoices and check requests until they are distributed in the mail.
• Maintain and update the email list of ADP Scholars and send them announcements/memos.
• Provide senior level assistance and secretarial support for the Police Attaché.
• Ensure that all contracts with third parties for the Police Attaché are renewed as needed and to maintain all household accounts.
• Schedule, escort, and manage appointments, meetings, and business trips for the Police Attaché.
• Responsible for planning, preparing, and documenting all internal/external meetings, conferences, and delegation trips.
• Assign an internal control number for all outgoing official letters.
• Review incoming official letters then dispatch them to the office employees
• Manage the operations of the division’s documentations room and design the appearance of the Police Attaché’s office.
Public Relations Coordinator April 2011 – July 2011 (Temporary Contract)
Embassy of the State of Qatar– Office of Medical Attaché (Washington DC)
• Management of Qatari patients’ logistics by leading three Public Relations Officers in arranging transportation for their arrivals, departures, medical appointments, accommodations, travel reservations, and visa extensions.
• Monitor travel movement and transportation for new arriving patients.
• Procurement of office supplies for the medical department.
• Processing orders of medical equipment and medication for shipments to Qatar.
• Direct job tasks to be in line with the laws and regulations of the State of Qatar and the policies of its Supreme Council of Health.
• Coordinate delegation visits to the U.S. for professionals in the medical industry from Qatar.
Coordinator/Academic Support Feb 2010 – March 2011
Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman – Office of Cultural Attaché (Washington DC)
• Coordinate and escort delegations’ visits and tours from Oman.
• Coordinate logistics of exhibitions and special events to enhance visibility of Oman’s cultural and academic growth.
• Assist the Cultural Attaché generating various work plans and act as focal point on her work correspondences.
• Accompany the Cultural Attaché on various business trips to ensure proper coordination.
• In charge of generating official reports on all events involving the Cultural Division.
• Actively communicate with different educational institutes to seek cost-sharing opportunities.
• Propose different tactics to maintain excellent external/internal Office Communications.
• Generate and maintain monthly and quarterly data and trend reports.
• Assist Academic Advisors in addressing students’ progress and development.
• Liaise between the Cultural Attaché and Omani students in the U.S. & Canada.
Office Manager Jan 2006 – Jan 2010
Regency Furniture (Fairfax, Virginia)
• Oversee office’s day-to-day administration; including filing financial information, collecting and tracking sales invoices, schedules and deliveries.
• Organize and take minutes of all store meetings.
• Collaborate with Headquarters’ Customer Service and Store Managers for excellent customer service.
• Create promotional strategies to stimulate sales growth such as; thank you cards, first time buyer coupons, handing out business cards, collaterals, and phone promotions.
• Organized and maintained clients’ database.
• Train new office employees to effectively communicate in a customer service environment and helped them overcome the fear of working with unsatisfied customers.
Intern Aug 2008 – Dec 2008
Al-Jazeera News Broadcasting Network (Washington DC)
Created electronic packages from news wires, held professional personal interviews, conducted news research, and assisted journalists in translating news packages from Arabic to English.
Intern May 2008 – July 2008
Star Weekly Newspaper (Amman, Jordan)
Coordinated and held professional interviews, attended press conferences for newsgathering, and wrote, published, and assisted in editing news articles.
• English & Arabic Fluency.
• Well versed in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher).
• Proficient in using Windows XP & Macintosh OS.
• Attain writing knowledge using the Associated Press writing style.
• Self-motivated team player and effective leader.
• Confident communicator who can give excellent presentations with clarity and persuasion.
• Recognized for ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and direct delegation visits, office meetings, and office events.
• Public Relations & administrative experience with foreign embassies in the U.S.
• 5-years of customer service, office management, and sales coordination experience.
• Developed interpersonal skills, having dealt with a melting pot of professionals and clients.
• Arab Student Association of George Mason University member – remained a highly active member being 3-time participant and team coach in the yearly International Dance Competition.
• Treasurer of Students for Justice in Palestine – managed the club’s events finances.
• News Researcher and Interview holder for the University’s own Broadside Newspaper.
• Public Service Announcer for the University’s WGMU Radio Station.