I am an accomplished, results-driven copywriter with more than seven years of experience researching, producing and editing both creative and technical content for a variety of eCommerce businesses and e-business startups. I seek an opportunity to help the right company achieve their communication goals through the application of clear, concise prose.
• Expert knowledge of online writing techniques, including readability concerns, grammar exceptions, keyword applications and SEO considerations.
• Excellent written and oral communicator with a history of successful team coordination, consensus building and project management.
• Critical thinker who excels at identifying and evaluating content opportunities that have a demonstrable effect on key performance indicators.
• Direct experience with e-business startup tactics and growth stratagems, including the execution of long-term strategic content development projects.
CMS: WordPress, NetSuite
Programming: HTML, CSS
Analytics: Google Analytics
Authoring: MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Content Developer | egoBoom.com | 2012 - 2014
Responsible for all aspects of company content creation, including product content, site content, marketing copy and brand identity for this social polling startup company. egoBoom won the Tech Cocktail award for Denver’s Hottest Start-Up in August 2013.
• Researched and crafted hundreds of complex psychological assessment questions, balancing “humor and science”, for egoBoom’s core polling product.
• Performed comprehensive market research and produced reports detailing competitive outlook, product opportunities and potential threats.
• Engaged in weekly roundtable meetings with management to discuss all aspects of product development and deployment, offering critical insight where applicable.
• Assisted with QA testing, including bug reporting and tracking.
Contract Copywriter | Self-Employed | 2011 - 2014
Responsible for content writing, marketing and Web development tasks for a variety of clients across multiple industries. Deliverables included: blog posts, long-form articles, marketing materials and landing page content.
• Authored a bi-weekly blog for a local chiropractor, improving social media engagement and site traffic during a critical rebranding period. Also, provided guidance for sourcing additional content creators to further enhance the blog.
• Created blog posts, wrote copy and edited photos for 50-100 products a week for InteriorMark, an eCommerce furniture company.
• Edited and rewrote HTML code for 2100 educational articles in only six weeks as the company, PTontheNet, migrated to a new custom content management system. Also provided insights on how to further improve their article format to coincide with SEO best practices and proper web-writing techniques.
• Researched and wrote web page content for a local BioMeridian and massage therapy business, K2 Wellness, and provided marketing and social media insights to assist in rebranding efforts.
Olympic Trials Hopeful | 2010 - 2011
Sponsored by former employer FoodServiceWarehouse.com, I was able to train as a full time athlete in an effort to qualify for the 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials. My training involved running 80 - 100 miles a week, coupled with high intensity cross-training. Following this regimen, I set a personal record of 2:46 at the 2010 Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon and was targeting a sub-2:35 at Chicago of the same year when a calf muscle tear two months prior to the race effectively ended my professional running career.
Copywriter | FoodServiceWareouse.com | 2007 - 2010
Researched and wrote hundreds of SEO-rich articles for the foodservice education center of this eCommerce startup. After launch, the Education Center drove 30% of all traffic to the site and is, to this day, the most comprehensive online resource for commercial foodservice education.
• Within three months of launching the education center, the Health and Safety section, for which I was solely responsible, ranked in the Top 10 of Google organic results for the targeted term "restaurant health and safety". Within six months, it was ranked in the Top 5, and, to this day, an article I wrote for the H&S section holds a Top 3 spot.
• Performed keyword research, analyzed site and article traffic and used the data to direct the development of new content.
• Participated in a weekly roundtable with fellow writers to copyedit new articles, provide overall project feedback and brainstorm additional article ideas.
• Helped develop style guides for product loading and an editorial guide outlining proper web writing techniques to help train future employees.
• Interviewed dozens of local restaurant owners and wrote business profiles based on those interviews, adding greater depth to our education center.
B.A. in English and Psychology - 2004