STEPHEN R. MACKLIN
491 Szost Drive,
Fairfield, CT 06824
C 203 209 5516
H 203 334 2571
Creative thinker and writer who consistently produces effective and timely design as a team leader and as a team member. Diverse agency and corporate experience on major international brands including food and beverage, apparel, office products, personal care and automotive.
N & W Design, Fairfield, CT July 2009 – Present
President, Creative Director
Launched independent graphic design agency offering print and web site design, copywriting, Flash animation
and video production.
• General Electric Company, Fairfield, CT
• ThemeNaps, Ashland, WI
• Mesh Creative Group, Westport, CT
• One Web Source, Ridgefield, CT
• Sweet Teez Candy Shoppe, Larchmont, NY
• Newton's Finest Foods, Charlotte, NC
• Desai Communications, Stamford, CT
• Anecdote, Madison, CT
BIC USA Inc., Shelton, CT Feb. 1999 – July 2009
Brand Graphics Leader, Promotions
• Delivered the brand message to trade and consumer audiences for a global manufacturer of writing instruments, lighters and shavers.
• Successfully grew the brand and expanded the role of Brand Graphics Leader.
• Delegated work to design support staff, in-house photography, print procurement and outside agencies as needed.
• Managed over 300 internal projects annually resulting in a significant reduction in outside
• Created award winning trade advertising.
• Produced videos for national sales meetings and customer sales presentations.
• Designed and oversaw production of catalogs.
Market Growth Resources, Wilton, CT April 1998 – Nov. 1998
Senior Art Director
• Lead four-person staff assigned to develop marketing and promotional materials for Tropicana Juices, First Brands, Bass Ale and Progresso Soups.
• Attended client meetings, developed creative briefs and presented creative concepts
• Created new business presentations.
Ryan Partnership, Westport, CT Feb.1994 – April 1998
• Designed marketing and promotional materials for assigned clients including Pepsico, Heineken USA, Timberland, Nabicso, BF Goodrich and Norelco.
• Developed and delivered concept and new business presentations.
• Lead a team assigned to develop a presentation to Lucas Film on behalf of Pepsico. The presentation developed under a very tight schedule resulted in a contract between Lucas Film and Pepsico as well as new business for the agency.
• Designed point-of-sale for James Bond Tomorrow Never Dies that set a Heineken USA record for promotional sell through.
• Created successful Super Bowl promotion for Nabisco Ritz Crackers featuring John Madden.
Corporate Design Systems, Stamford, CT June 1993 – Feb.1994
Manager, Electronic Graphics
• Produced camera-ready art and mechanicals, slides and transparencies for corporate communications
YARMOUTH PRINTING & GRAPHICS, Yarmouth, ME Jan. 1989 – May 1993
Manager, Printing & Graphics
• Directed all computer activities including staff training, purchasing and installing software and hardware.
• Managed pricing, scheduling and production coordination among pre-press,
printing, and bindery.
• Supervised customer service and design staff and produced camera-ready art.
BA, Journalism University of Maine, Orono, ME (1985)
Adobe CS5: Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, Quark Epress, MAC OS X, HTML/CSS, Final Cut