Communication and Journalistic Skills
• Able to clearly articulate information to a variety of audiences in both written and verbal presentations.
• Proficient in the craft of the journalistic interview
• Experience interviewing both public and private citizens including politicians and those in difficult situations
• Polished editorial and technical writing abilities
• Comfortable addressing both small and large audiences.
• Practiced with various investigative tools and techniques and fact-checking
• Has covered crime, politics, breaking news, legal matters, public interest and “soft” news in articles of varying depth and length
• Versatile and adaptable writing style suitable to a variety of audiences and medium
Administrative and Organizational Skills
• Works independently or as a member of a team.
• Manages multiple priorities and projects in high pressure and deadline-sensitive environments.
Relevant Positions Held
• Contributing Writer– Metroland Alt. News Weekly - Albany, NY Aug. 2007- present
• Special Contributor- Times Union Daily Newspaper- Albany, NY Aug. 2008-Oct. 2008
• Lead Tech/Device Specialist - Flextronics/Verizon Wireless- Clifton Park, NY May 2009-Aug. 2011
• Bachelors Degree in Journalism with a minor in Psychology at the University of Albany
• Associates Degree in Individual Studies at Hudson Valley Community College- Presidents List
• Avid Creative Writer: prose, short fiction, poetry, comic books
• Editor- Labyrinth Literary Magazine 1999-2000 Columbia High School