ANHEUSER-BUSCH | St. Louis, MO | 2011 – Current | CREATIVE MANAGER - PACKAGING
Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Goose Island, Bud Light Platinum, Bud Light Lime Family
Create and manage creative assets for premium light brands as it relates to package design, brand identity, and digital marketing strategies.
• Mange creative process that includes presentation of creative briefs, conceptual designs, final artwork approvals and online approvals for final production art.
• Analyze and achieve cost and time savings in AB’s creative process by implementing an internal digital approval workflow; saving the company an average of $36,000 annually and countless hours of proofing.
• Implement and maintain a sustainable workflow for promotional/commemorative packaging for championship sport sponsorships for same week sales to retail events.
• Train and consult team members (one art director & 2 graphic designer/production artists) to maintain quality standards and achieve departmental goals.
SPECTRUM BRANDS (United Industries) | St. Louis, MO | 2007 – 2011 | DESIGN MANAGER
Cutter, Garden Safe, Hot Shot, Repel, Schultz, Spectracide
Created and managed creative assets for the entire Home & Garden division as it relates to package design, brand/corporate identity, and print/digital marketing strategies.
• Restructured creative team, after reorganization of Spectrum Brands, to better support the marketing team and to gain fiscal and productivity efficiencies while keeping all creative in-house.
•Analyzed and achieved cost savings in Spectrum Brands prepress process by implementing thorough internal prepress checklist and digital 1st proofs; saving the company an average of $20,000 annually.
•Analyzed and achieved cost saving in Spectrum Brands mockup process for sales line reviews and plan-o-gram requests. With the addition of a diecut plotter and a more organized workflow, the department saved over $12,000 annually by eliminating the need for temporary employees. As a result, the department achieved better prints and production efficiencies.
• Trained and consulted team members (three art directors & one graphic designer) to maintain quality standards and achieve departmental goals.
SAVE-A-LOT | Earth City, MO | 2007 | MANAGER OF BRAND DESIGN
Managed and developed the creative assets for package design, brand/corporate identity and print/digital advertising for overall marketing strategies.
• Restructured creative team (Advertising & Packaging) to better support the organization and to gain fiscal and productivity efficiencies while meeting departmental goals.
• Analyzed entire Save-A-Lot portfolio of 178 brand names and reduced the total count to 72, while outlining a plan to redesign the entire portfolio utilizing in-house creative and outside resources. This project saved the organization over $100,000 in trademark fees as well as adding clarity to every category.
• Met and reviewed brand strategy concepts with management team to approve projects.
• Coordinated, created and completed several large scale design projects at the same time.
• Trained and consulted team members to maintain quality standards and achieve departmental goals as it related to corporate/ brand identity, current trends, color theory and image manipulation.
SPECTRUM BRANDS | St. Louis, MO | 2004 – 2007 | SENIOR ART DIRECTOR
Cutter, Garden Safe, Hot Shot, Repel, Schultz, Spectracide
Developed and supported strategies related to package design, P.O.P. and advertising. Led team on large scale projects to maintain high quality standards and to meet deadlines.
• Designed retail brand packaging, catalogs, flyers, ads, brand identities and P.O.P.
• Performed and managed the details and progress as lead of projects from concept through delivery.
• Worked in partnership with brand managers to produce consistent quality and establish a better understanding of the brand’s needs.
• Trained and consulted team members to maintain quality standards and achieve departmental goals as it related to corporate/brand identity, current trends, color theory and image manipulation.
• Coordinated and styled photo shoots.
CENTRIC GROUP, L.L.C. | St. Louis, MO | 1999 – 2004 | SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Betallic Balloon Co., Boxco., Courtesy Products, Keefe Group, Riddell Footwear, TRG Accessories
Led team on large scale projects to maintain standards and timelines.
• Created package designs, newsletters, catalogs, flyers, ads, brand identities,
trade show graphics and websites.
• Performed and managed the details and progress of team projects from concept through delivery.
• Worked in partnership with internal clients to produce consistent quality and establish a better understanding of the company’s needs.
• Coordinated and styled photo shoots and called on printers and other vendors for project specs.
SCHNUCKS MARKET, INC. | St. Louis, MO | 1996 – 1999 | GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Responsible for package design, P.O.P. and advertising.
• Designed new packaging for Schnuck’s private label products.
• Designed in-store P.O.P. displays, brand identities, invitations, brochures, flyers, graphics for banner ads and website, logos for departments, out-house vendors and special events.
• Called on printers, paper houses and other vendors for project specifications.
FREELANCE | 1998 – Current | CREATIVE DIRECTOR | GRAPHIC DESIGNER
• Develop strategies and managed projects from concept through delivery.
• Design packaging, newsletters, brochures, corporate identity packages, ads and invitations.
• Work with printers on bids, turn around times and artwork specifications.
client list includes:
Vi-Jon – Fair Saint Louis – St. Louis Rams – Hautly Cheese – Keller labs – Plaza Motors
Biomérieux – Scobis – Norwood Country Club – Quintessential Catering
Columbus College of Art & Design GD USA – 2007, ‘08, ‘09, ‘10, ‘11 and 2013
B.F.A., Illustration | Graphic Design Design, In-House Design, Package Design,
St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley PLMA - 2007
A.A.S., Advertising Design | Commercial Art Package Design Award
Computer knowledge gained through business and personal application. Self taught and college certified training.
Programs include: Photoshop CS6 - InDesign CS6 - Illustrator CS6 - Shoutlet 4.0 (social tool)
ImageReady CS6 - Dreamweaver 4.0 - Acrobat Pro 11.0 - MS PowerPoint - MS Office