Skills and Strengths
• I am proficient in the craft of writing hard-hitting words that sell, promote, educate and inform.
• I can polish and refine stories and articles, in order to direct the focus of the reader to the major points of the text.
• While interning for a local magazine I acquired hands on experience pitching stories, conducting interviews, and editing copy.
• Studying abroad in Europe for five months broadened my cultural awareness, as well as taught me how to be a more effective communicator. I learned the value of being self-sufficient and finding alternative means to solve problems.
• My senior research project peaked my curious and inquisitive tendencies. Through historical and empirical research and self generated surveys I was able to support my thesis question and create a digital magazine using multi layered media, such as video, sound, text and graphics.
• I work well under pressure and thrive in a deadline-driven, rapidly changing environment.
• I am ambitious and have a creative edge to my writing.
• I am proficient in Excell, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Final Cut Express, and video.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Major BS Journalism GPA 3.45 Minor Psychology GPA 3.9
University of Torino, Torino, Italy GPA 3.6
Focus: International communications, culture, and interaction
Academic and Professional Experience
CPTV Reporter: October 2009-June 2011
Broadcast Media industry
• As Reporter, developed local story ideas, conducted interviews, wrote, shot, edited and fronted VOSOTs and reporter packages for weekly half-hour newscast broadcast on campus and throughout San Luis Obispo County.
• As Producer and Executive Producer, responsible for assignment editing, selecting stories, assigning stories to reporters, formatting the rundown, writing and editing international, national, and regional stories in VO, VOSOT and/or PKG format. Proficient in Final Cut Express and Photoshop.
• As Production Assistant, operated teleprompter, studio cameras, audio board, playback and created graphics. Also worked as floor director.
SLOLife Magazine Internship: A local magazine in San Luis Obispo, Writer March 2011-June 2011
• Developed story ideas, interviewed sources, and wrote a feature story on a local Baseball team
• Transcribed interviews, worked one-on-one with the publisher, and performed other office tasks
• Managed content and worked one-on-one with clients to develop advertisements placed in our publication
SAGE DIAPER: Copywriter, June 2007- July 2011
Sage Diaper is a natural diapering company that offers all organic products for babies.
• Wrote various copy options, which was then presented to the client as a story board
• Presented creative and imaginative concepts, which captured the essence of the client’s business
• Re-developed the clients image through the modification of preexisting copy as well as original content
Achievements and Projects
• My work was published in the local community in SLOLife Magazine.
• Made Deans list at California Polytechnic State University
• 1st place group for the conceptualization and marketing of a new product
• I did an extensive research project on the values, beliefs, and cultural differences between Italy and the United States.
References available upon request.