• Extensive experience of design, documentation, management, construction administration on various large-scale building projects: Educational, Commercial, Civic, Corporate, Residential, and Religious.
• Strive to achieve design excellence through thoughtful composition of architectural components for enhancing and elevating human experience.
• Multi-task, detail oriented with ability and foresight to prioritize tasks in fast-paced, demanding environments; work well under pressure, maintaining an emphasis on quality.
• Strong problem solving and computer skills for efficient production of construction documents.
• Excellent communication skills and effective relationship management to facilitate design and documentation process.
• Sound knowledge of building codes, structural, mechanical, and electrical system for effective project coordination and quality of construction document.
• Versatile, quick learner who enjoys the challenge of new technology and opportunity.
Freelance Architect 2011.2 – present
Provide design, documentation, and construction administration services for Institutional and Retail building projects.
Project Architect, SSP Architectural Group, New Jersey 2004 – 2011.1
Presented design proposals and schematic designs to clients; managed schedule and manpower for project delivery on schedule and within budget; assisted in project cost estimates; led design and production teams from schematic design through completion of construction documents; incorporated green principles in building projects; coordinated with clients, consultants, building code officials, vendors, and contractors; performed quality control review of specifications and construction drawings; provided construction administration services; supervised and mentored architectural staff to produce construction documents and design renderings.
Project Coordinator, SSP Architectural Group, New Jersey 1999 – 2003
Conducted documentation and evaluation of existing site and building conditions; developed the projects from design development through completion of construction documents; produced full sets of construction documents and specifications; performed building code analysis for projects; coordinated with engineers for system selection and design; assisted in providing construction administration services.
Intern Architect, SSP Architectural Group, New Jersey 1995.10 – 1998
Assisted in space programming and design in schematic design and design development; produced working drawings under the supervision of project architect; prepared architectural renderings for presentation.
Registered Professional Architect, 2008
LEED AP for New Construction, 2009
AutoCAD 2011, Revit Architecture 2011, Microsoft Office / Word, Power Point, Excel
Master of Architecture, University of Kansas
Bachelor of Science in Architecture, Southeast University, China
Available upon request.